Chapter 17: Expect the Unexpected

Enjoy

—————

When exhaustion hits, it takes over your body in waves. It seeps in slow at first, until it sways your body and rhythm in powerful bursts. Sometimes you feel like you're floating, slow to comprehend, or simply just want to crash and sleep.

"I'm so tired!"

I opened the door to my room, legs hurting from what's been like five hours of non-stop sponsor shoot and telecast filming.

"Are you alright, Rabiya?" my roommate asked.

Aisha was ironing some of her clothes for tomorrow.

"I'm good. Just really exhausted" I collapsed in my bed, facing the white ceiling, my arms spread out occupying the entire width of the mattress.

My Japanese roommate went to open the mini fridge and pulled out a white paper bag. "Here, I got you some turkey sandwich from the buffet earlier" she smiled.

Seeing the small bag made my tummy grumble. Oh that sound, I guess it knows food when it sees it.

"I knew your schedule was full tonight so I wrapped one for you."

I sat up, excited to grab the bag from Aisha, "You're the sweetest, I swear Aisha! You have no idea how starved I am!"

I immediately opened the bag and devoured what's inside. "This is so good!" I spoke despite my mouth being full.

Wala na akong pakialam even if my lips are covered in mayo as well. Baboy na kung baboy.

Aisha laughed at me, "Seeing you eat makes me want to eat again!" Ang hin-hin parin nya kahit tumatawa.

"I'm sorry" I told my Japanese roomie. Some bits of lettuce and arugula fell into my lap. Nahiya naman ako ang takaw ko ata tingnan.

"No! Don't be sorry. Just eat! I'll grab you some water" she offered.

Sa totoo lang, ang bait ng roommate ko. I'm lucky. Who packs food for their roomie? Well marami rin naman siguro, like I'd pack food for Aisha, but for sure there will be some na walang concern.

"I think I heard a knock" Aisha said as she walked to check who's behind the door.

"Hi ladies. Japan and Philippines — here are your schedules for tomorrow. Good night!"

"Thank you" Aisha walked back into the room reading our schedule.

"Hmm looks like I'm all telecast filming tomorrow. I have free time tomorrow!" Aisha's lips cuved into a smile as she handed me my schedule.

She teased me, "I bet yours is full. Everybody wants a piece of Miss Philippines", then gave me a full smile.

"And I need a piece of bread per shoot" I joked while chewing the sandwich.

I looked at the paper in my hand to see that five sponsor shoots are lined up for tomorrow. The earliest is at eight, which means I need to wake up around five in the morning to start my day and fix up.