Chapter 73 : Ain't Stopping the Charlie

___

"Stop doing that!"

Amanda swatted her wife's arm while Rabiya was trying to help her stand up. She was blowing out some air through her mouth. The contractions that she was feeling were not getting any better.

Rabiya was sweating inside an eighteen-degree Celsius room, rummaging to look for the last bag she stupidly removed inside their emergency closet.

"RABIYA! What are you doing there?! Where's the driver!?"

"Coming, baby! Teka lang!"

"TEKAH? My fuckin' water broke!"

The Filipina scooped up a black duffle bag while pulling two big black luggages with her. A phone stuck in the middle of her left ear and shoulder — a suitcase fell over. "Shit! Shit! Sheeeet! Teka!"

"I cannot beli—-" Amanda began to slide her feet one by one. Making sure she doesn't slip. Her right hand touching the side of her hip, while the other supported her belly. "I AM GOING!"

"Where the hell is our driver?!" Rabiya scratched her head as she looked at their two dogs who were barking and running around — seemingly worried too.

Amanda's phone rang which made the Thai more agitated, inducing the Filipina with overflowing panic. Rabiya ran to the ringing phone near the coffee table. "Fuck, fuck hello....Veena!!! We're going to the hospital! Where are you?!"

"What? Why? I'm near Pra's—"

"Can you please pick us up!! Our driver isn't answering!!"

"What?!? Why? Where's your driver?! SHIT! WAIT I AM NEAR! Meet you in the driveway!"

"Ughhh! RABIYA!" The pregnant Thai screamed. Her right hand pulling the main door open.

"Wait, baby! I'm right behind you!" The Filipina said. She assisted her wife to get out of their unit first before their bags. It was a highly stressful situation for the former Miss Philippines.

Luckily, Veena was already waiting for them. Upon seeing the two, the Thai-Indian woman took the bags from Rabiya's hands and placed everything in the trunk of her silver SUV while the Filipina assisted her wife to get inside Veena's backseat — Rabiya ran to the other side and sat beside Amanda whose pain was becoming worse.

"Vee! Uh— can we hurry? I feel so sick".

"Yah, Yah! Hold on! Shit!" Veena shifted to drive and as her vehicle zoomed out of the luxurious condominium building's driveway. She maneuvered the streets of BKK like a pro taxi driver, cutting corners and passing through small and tight alleys that made Rabiya extremely nervous and grip on her wife's hand so tight — the Thai grunted. "UGHH!"

"Baby, we're almost there —". The Filipina replied while dialing their doctor's number. "Pick up, please!"

"Hang on, Pra! We'll be there in a while".

"Doc Paithoon! Yes! It's Rabiya Obdam, Amanda's water broke earlier than scheduled! We're on our way to the hospital right now!"

With every second, Amanda's nails dug onto the Filipina's sun-kissed brown skin — marking it red. "Ohhh, I hate you both!!"

Veena winced looking at the couple sitting at the back from the rearview mirror.

"Shhh, no you don't! Baby, we're almost near". Rabiya patted her wife's hand as her breathing involuntarily synced with her wife's erratic ones.

"OOOH I DON'T WANNA BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!" Amanda slid and slouched on her seat. Closing her eyes tightly and doing some bit of labored breathing.

"You don't mean that, Pra".