Chapter 23 : Breathe

💫

The walk going to the elevator leading to the rooftop bar was relatively silent but comfortable. Amanda kept stealing glances at the younger woman beside her. Their shoulders brushing together as they stroll along the beige tiled floor of the hotel. Both women weren't smiling, but their eyes obviously exude joy and hope.

With a bit of load lifted off her shoulders, the Thai-Canadian beauty queen feels a lot more at ease in showing affection to the Filipina. Whatever it is that she's feeling for Rabiya, she's aware that it's too late to stop now and she's determined to not just win the crown, but to also claim the heart of the woman who's walking beside her.

Amanda pressed the up button of the elevator and while waiting she hummed a song.

"Your favorite song?" the beautiful Filipina asked.

Amanda blushed, "One of my favorites".

The elevator door opened and the two women went in together at the same time.

"Nobody gonna love me better, I must stick with you forever. Nobody gonna take me higher, I must stick with you" the Thai delegate sang and smiled.

"What? Elevator's got good reverb."

Rabiya giggled, "nothing beats singing in the shower".

"I suppose there's always a concert happening in your shower?", Amanda teased.

The Filipina nodded, "VIP pass only. Exclusive."

"Wonder where do I get tickets for that?"

Rabiya's eyes grew wide and covered her mouth to suppress her laugh, which made Amanda grin.

Ding. The elevator doors opened to reveal a breathtaking three-hundred-sixty view of the nearby lagoon and the glittering Guitar Hotel.

Amanda observed Rabiya who was in awe of her surroundings—Eyes twinkling, mouth slightly parted in glee. The breeze from the sea air lightly blowing through their hair. The Thai-Canadian beauty queen made a mental note to take the younger woman to more beautiful places — hopefully in the future.

"Rabiya! Amanda! Over here!" they saw Janick wave at them near the bar station.

The two approached the other delegates.

"Hey, you two", the Peruvian grinned while sipping a glass of cosmopolitan.

"Hi Janick", Rabiya replied.

"Hey, Jan", Amanda greeted before sitting in one of the bar stools beside Adline. 

"Their margarita's amazing. You should try it", the Indian recommended.

The Thai beauty called the bar tender's attention. "What can I do for you, honey?"

"I'll have a frozen margarita and anything the woman in a pink dress over there wants to order, thanks." Amanda pointed at Rabiya and handed the lady bar-tender a hundred dollar bill.

"Okay, coming right up", the woman winked at Amanda.

The Indian side-glanced at her Thai counterpart and smirked, "getting along with my sister, I see."