Chapter 18: Takes Two to Tango

Amanda and I were about to start shooting the new MUBA Cosmetics campaign. The studio was plain and simple- a white backdrop that spreads to the floor, with photography lights, a tripod at the center and that's about it.

I was still holding Amanda's hand when we approached Andres. Hers was warm and comfy compared to mine which was probably cold and sweaty. I can say is that her hand feels really nice. I looked up at her and she smiled at me, "ready?"

I nodded.

"Don't be afraid. You'll do great—You look great." she whispered to my ear.

Somehow that calmed me down and sent a jolt of confidence that I needed. Looking at Amanda makes me glad that somehow I get to spend this experience with her.

Prior to the competition, I thought I won't be friends nor actually be this close to Thailand's representative. She doesn't strike me as someone approachable kasi - to be honest may pagka-snob nga. Seen-zone nga ako madalas, but I guess our first impressions about people aren't always precise, but don't quote me on that.

All I know is that, she's one of the delegates that I enjoy spending time with. Saka parang ang dami na rin naming nakitang bloopers of each other so maybe that's part of the reason why I feel at ease and gravitate towards her.

"Rabiya, I want you to stay over here" Andres pointed at the center of the white covered floor. "Let's try posing while you girls kneel down together. Amanda, can you stay here and Rabiya, kneel closer to Amanda."

We did what we were told and began to pose.

"Good!" Andres snapped a shot. "A bit closer, girls."

Wala naman siguro mawawala if I wrapped my arms around Amanda.

"Yes! That's it, good job Rabiya!" Andres was pleased with what I did and that made me proud.

"Amanda, can you also slide both your arms around Rabiya."

My fellow delegate slid hers around my waist. That felt nice - considering medyo maginaw yung aircon here, any warmth is welcome. Mahirap na magka-sipon or ubo, pagkamalan pa ako na may COVID.

I tried to emote pa-fierce muna. Suddenly, I felt Amanda's head lean on mine.

"Excellent! That's great! Hmm let's try to shoot from above." Andres said, what does that even mean?

"Ladies, I want you to lie down at the center. Marco, where's the ladder?"

A cute guy wearing a black shirt and jeans came in carrying Andres' ladder. He set it up where he was told to place it. Marco looked at both Amanda and I. He smiled, "good luck."

"He's kinda cute" I said softly.

The woman beside me scoffed, "you could do better than cute - just saying"

I looked at her confused, she just smiled without showing her teeth.

"So, now ladies, I would want you to think that you're the most gorgeous person in the universe. Think sexy! Think glam! Think" Andres was moving his left hand as he was thinking of a right term.

"Think LUST!"

Huh, lust? I wonder sino dapat ko isipin while looking at the camera. Sino ba lalandiin ko? All my life si Neil lang naman yung feeling ko na nilandi ko, but we aren't together anymore and I couldn't imagine him. May diri factor na yata ako, or is this a sign that I'm really over him and frienship nalang gusto ko talaga?

Andres frowned while looking at us, "Carlos, can you fix their hair? Thank you"

Our hair stylist tousled our tresses even further, baka mala-Lion na yung hair namin sa pagka-wild, but sexy daw e. Perhaps, I should stick to think I'm very attractive —— or what Amanda told me earlier, desirable.