Chapter 52 : La Dolce Vita

"Sandali lang!"

Rabiya yelled.

Her hands were covered with the soapy suds from her laundry. She turned on the faucet and washed her forearms clean before jogging over to her newly painted entryway.

"Tagal naman!" Mary Jean swooped past the door as soon as the younger woman opened it. Slinging a saddle-style bag to a nearby orange ottoman.

"I ordered tofu for you to stock". MJ said and placed the packs inside the silver refrigerator.

Rabiya was slowly trying to complete a full-week vegetarian diet and asked the help of MJ to assist her with the right portioning and content — it's never easy to transition from being a carnivore to vegetarian, well, bordering vegan already since she was also lessening her eggs and milk intake.

"You know if I were you, continue on with this diet til next week. It'll make you feel lighter and mag-iiba glow mo, promise", MJ said as she plopped on Rabiya's fresh beige sofa.

The older woman smiled and gazed at the stunning sunset view from Rabiya's new loft.

"You've chosen a really good unit", MJ's head turned to face the younger woman.

"Yeah, kaya sariling kayod muna rin. Ako na nga muna naglalaba sa mga damit ko", Rabiya sat beside MJ and stared at the sunset with her friend.

"Okay naman pala effect ng break-ups sa iyo eh. Naka isip ka kung saan maganda mag invest", MJ chuckled.

Rabiya pouted.

"Buti pa yung condo na ito, mas mahal kaysa mga ex ko".

MJ snickered. "Mas may value ba ito?"

The younger woman grinned and nodded.

Ever since her friend from GMA, Michelle, told her about this two-bedroom loft that was up for sale, and took her here for a viewing, she couldn't forget the sunset view that painted the entire sala in warm hues from orange to blue —- and before she left the door of this unit, her heart already wanted to purchase it.

"Sobrang mahal lang nang, pero naisip ko, baka kung saan ko pa magastos yung pera ko — eh di, bumili nalang ako ng bagong condo. Puwede ko naman kasing ipaupa yung luma na unit sa BGC, may passive income pa ako".

"Okay lang yan. It's nicer here nga eh. Mas posh — the best of Makati. Ganda ng view from the window ha. Daily sunset views mo palang dito, bawing-bawi na binayad mo. Plus, you know naman how property value appreciates here sa CBD, ang lapit mo pa sa malls".

Rabiya looked at the setting sun from the floor to ceiling glass window.

"Sana talaga tumaas. This is my biggest gamble and investment — muntikan ko na nga ibenta yung first car ko. Sentimental na yun ha, papakawalaan ko pa para rito".

"Okay lang yan. Sanay ka naman magpakawala saka mukhang mababawi mo naman in a few months", MJ glanced at Rabiya and mischievously smiled.

"Congrats ha", the older woman slightly pushed Rabiya. "Bea and John Lloyd levels ka na — get Lloydy's autograph for me".

Rabiya smirked, "feeling ko buong taping tatawagan mo ako para mangulit mag video chat para lang may greeting ka from John Lloyd".

"Hoy, hindi naman ako ganyan kabastos — ", MJ glanced at Rabiya for a while before taking her sights back at the rays of the setting sun hiding behind the Makati skyline. "—slight lang".

The younger woman laughed.

"Pero alam mo nang, hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala...", Rabiya paused and stared at the view in front of them.