Chapter 13 Teagan

I wake up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. I take a deep breath and the familiar smell I get makes me nostalgic. My eyes shoot open as I smell the sheets once again. Zayden's cologne suffocates my lungs. I sit up and look around in horror to find myself in his room. The sound of knocking is heard again and I run to open the door. I see Hayden standing outside.

   "What happened last night? What am I doing here? What time is it? Why am I here? Why-"

   "Wow, calm down. You got drunk and fell asleep in the car before we even got here."

   "You should have woken me up!"

   "You were in no shape to drive that far. Neither was I. Now quit asking questions you have only 30 minutes to get ready. Here is your portfolio. Your dad dropped it off."

   He slings it on my shoulder as I stand there speechless. He turns around and walks away as I yell, "What about my clothes?"

   "You'll find something in there."

   I groan and rush into the bathroom. All of Zayden's things are left untouched just like the last time I saw them. I feel my heart ache at the sight of this. I undress and turn on the shower. I grab his bathing gel and put some on my hand. The very fragrance of it makes me burst into tears. Though I'm using the same thing at home, using it in his bathroom makes me wanna buckle up and cry in a corner. I somehow pull myself together and get outside. Even the towel smells of him. I try my best not to break down again. I open his closet and search for some clothes. I find my old clothes which consist of mostly flannels and jeans. Gosh, I was such a tomboy back then. I clap on some clothes and waste no time leaving the room. I run downstairs and bump into Hayden. He's dressed in a white shirt and black jeans which makes him look so hot but instead of seeing the boy with brown eyes, I see the one with green eyes. I freeze and my mouth runs dry. 

   "Teagan!"

   "Uh? What?"

   "Five minutes. Go to the kitchen now!"

   I eat the cereal that Katherine left for me and fast talk to Hope. I give them a flying kiss and run out of the door. I see Hayden standing by his car and muttering.

   "What's wrong?"

   "I used all the gas last night."

   "Oh okay. I'll give you a ride."

   "Thanks."

   I try my best not to speed up though my heart keeps beating so fast in fear that I'll be late. But somehow we manage to reach Fanshawe on time. I let out a big sigh as I sit in my chair and relax.

***

   After classes get over, I walk out without waiting for anyone. I'm the first one to run out and make it out of the doors. I throw my things inside the car and get inside. That's when I realize that I had left my bottle back in class. I groan in agitation. I try to keep calm but I can feel the storm inside me slowly getting big waiting to be let out. I close the door and walk back inside. I go into the empty classroom and find my bottle sitting on the floor. I grab it and open the lid. I lift my head and start drinking as I walk to the door. I end up bumping into someone causing the water to spill on top of me. Like a switch is flicked, I burst into tears as I sprint off without looking at the person. 

   "Teagan! Wait!"

   I reach my car and stop feeling breathless. Someone touches my shoulders and I turn around. I'm met with Sapphire eyes. 

   "Hey, are you okay?" I shake my head and cling onto his. He wraps his arms around me protectively. I cry on his chest as he pats my back.

   "Shhh it's okay. I got you, let it all out."