eleven

Beth's POV

We make it back to the tower after a very long and agonizingly tense car ride. I motion for Bucky to get out, but he just sits there. Nat turns off the van and gets out and looks back at us.

"You guys coming?"

Bucky speaks before I can. "We're coming. I'd like to talk to her for a second."

She gives us a look. "Don't be too long, Tony wants to see us." She closes the door and walks off.

I look over at him. "What did you want t-"

He suddenly grabs my arm and pulls me across the length of the seat and his mouth meets mine, his other hand grabbing my face. I lean up and straddle his waist, my arms on the back of the seat on either side of his head. His hand moves from my arm to my hip. I start grinding down on him, causing him to groan and kiss me harder.

I detach our mouths and speak. "Quickie?"

He suddenly whips out the knife again and holds it to my throat. "What do you think?"

I moan and smirk. I quickly disarm him and grab the dagger out of his hand, holding it to his throat instead. He smirks at me.

Then, someone knocks on the window of the van.

Tony.

His eyes are wide and he opens the van door.

"I've already yelled at you once for trying to kill Barnes, and now you're trying to do it again?" He grabs my arm and pulls me off of Bucky and out of the van. Bucky hops out after me. "Give me that." He take the dagger out of my hand and looks at it. He laughs a little. "And with the mans own knife? What am I gonna do with you man-slayer. Barnes, keep a better watch on your weapons." He hands the knife over to Bucky who rolls his eyes tucks it his pants. "Apologize, now."

I roll my eyes. "You're not serious."

He scoffs. "I am, actually."

I look over at Bucky who's smirking at me condescendingly. I speak through gritted teeth. "I'm so sorry, Barnes."

He steps towards me and slings his arm around my shoulder. "Its alright, just don't let it happen again." I take his arm off my shoulder and swing it around to pin it behind his back in one smooth motion.

Tony laughs. "She's not a touchy person, I wouldn't advise doing that again. Now both of you come on, we have to recap the mission."

We all take the elevator together and make it to the conference room. Nat is already in there once we arrive, Tony speaks to her. "Well, Romanoff. Thank god I didn't listen to you when you said don't go down there and get them. I found B with a knife to Barnes' throat, we would've been dropping him off at the morgue if I wouldn't have shown up."

Natasha, who was drinking water at the time, chokes on it. She's having a coughing fit and Tony comes up and pats her back to try and relieve her. "Why are you choking? She's done it once already and she's killed hundreds of men, it's really not that shocking."

She shakes her head and then gives Bucky a knowing look. "Yeah. I guess you're right."

I tilt my head at her, wondering why she have Bucky a look. She just waves me off. I'll ask her about it later.

We sit in silence for about 5 more minutes until Steve and Rhodey arrive. Tony speaks, "Finally! Alright, Rogers, recap."

He sits in a chair at the table then answers. "Uh, well, Bucky and B arrived and Buck kept watch over her while she made her way through the crowd looking for the guy. Once the found him, she went off by herself and Buck went to find her. He finds her in one of the spare bedrooms, she has the dude in a headlock, and Bucky walks over and knocks him out the rest of the way. We came in through the patio door, cuffed him and carried him to the van, then we dropped him off at SHEILD. He was knocked out the entire way, so nothing much happened there. And no one in the party was aware of anything happening."