seventeen

hi sorry quick interruption, if you see mistakes pls comment and tell me!! I go through it and look before I post but since I wrote it it's hard for me to see them hahaha
also thank you for 6k <3 this one is longer than normal, enjoy!!

Bucky's POV

It's been a week since the whole kitchen situation with Tony, B, and Steve. Steve, of course, questioned me about it later when we were alone. He wanted to know how me and her ended up having a conversation without killing each other. I had just told him we ended up in the elevator at the same time and were fighting when I called her a dumpster diver. He seemed to believe it, but I think he kind of had his doubts.

It's now Friday morning and Tony is giving everyone jobs to do for the party tomorrow. Everyone's been busy this week going on separate, smaller missions, so no one has really had time to go out and shop for any type of decorations or outfits or anything. That day has now been designated as today, the day before the party.

Tony has us all lined up like we're in the army. He's pacing back and forth in front of us with his hands behind his back. "Alright, soldiers. You all have your own missions here. Wanda and Nat, you guys are given the task of buying the snack foods and decorations. Wanda, if you want to bake anything, go for it. Steve, Clint, and Sam, you're on invitation duty. I somehow forgot to send those out this week. I have 200 for you guys to give out, you will be the mailmen today. Barnes, you are on babysitter duty."

I shake my head. "Wait, what? Who the hell am I babysitting?"

A voice from the other side of the line speaks. "Assumingely me because I wasn't given a task."

Tony smiles and finger guns her. "Absolutely."

"And why can't I go exactly? Why am I being held hostage?"

Tony is still pacing in front of us. "Because, small one, they are avengers. If you are seen with them in public, it will draw suspicion as to who you are."

I can basically hear her roll her eyes. "I literally went to the store with Steve the other day. And I went running with Sam not that long ago."

He sighs. "Yes, but now it's in larger groups of them. It's more obvious. Someone is more likely to recognize Steve when he's with Sam and Clint rather than when it's just Steve. Plus, you could've just been a girl they were seeing. If you with a group of them, it draws the question as to why you're associated with them."

"Why Barnes, though? Are you not scared you'll come back to us both mutilated?"

"Barnes can handle himself and so can you. I picked him because I know he won't let you leave. Now, hush. We're losing daylight, we need to get started."

She speaks again. "Wait, what's your job in all this?"

Tony stops pacing and smiles big at her. "I am in charge of obtaining the alcoholic beverages."

She giggles menacingly, like she knows something he doesn't. "Um, aren't you forgetting something?"

He gives her a look. "Please, oh wise one, inform me as to what I have forgotten."

I look down the line at her. She makes a knowing face. "Do you not need to hire staff? You know, to hand out drinks, bring around food, maybe a bartender even?"

I look back at Tony. His eyes go wide. "Oh shit. Okay, everyone move now! I need to go to the liquor store and make a bunch of phone calls."

Everyone's dispersing in different directions, B was the first to leave. She yelled behind her as she walked to the stairwell. "You're welcome, Stark!"