thirty-six

Beth's POV

I wake up halfway and snuggle closer into Bucky's chest. He hasn't moved, so I'm assuming he's still sleeping.

The second mission was yesterday and my dad wasn't there again. Other than that, it was a success. Me and Buck stayed at the jet again, we had to kill a few more people this time, though. 5 guys ended up charging us, but we took care of them easily. They apprehended another 2 people and brought them back, they're now locked up at S.H.I.E.L.D.

I feel Bucky's arm tighten around me, signaling he's awake. I decide it's time to actually get up. I open my eyes for the first time today and sit up. I breathe in deeply, stretching my arms out. I sigh. "Ah, I feel like being a bitch today."

Bucky, whose eyes are still closed, starts laughing. "What does that even mean?"

I laugh a little. "You'll see, I know just what I want to do today."

He sits up next to me and looks at me. "Should I be worried?"

I shrug. "Depends who you are talking about being worried for."

He rolls his eyes and flops back on the bed. "I don't even want to know."

I giggle and lean down, giving him a short kiss. "No, you don't."

I hop out of the bed and head to the bathroom. I showered last night, so I don't need to do that right now. I brush my teeth and put my hair in the best bun I can, with it being short and all, then throw on some deodorant. Bucky walks in when I'm about to walk out. "Wait on me, I wanna know what you have planned."

I smirk at him. "Thought you didn't wanna know?"

He shrugged. "As long as it doesn't concern me, I don't care." He picks up his toothbrush and applies toothpaste, then starts brushing his teeth.

"It doesn't, but it can if you want it to."

He turns around to face me and leans on the counter. He pops the tooth brush out of his mouth for a second. "This is starting to worry me." He squints at me as he puts the toothbrush back in to continue brushing.

I roll my eyes. "Can you quit your worrying? You're gonna love it, I promise."

He spits out the toothpaste and then turns on the sink. "I don't think I believe you, babe."

I keep talking while he washes the toothpaste out of his mouth. "I never lie, James. I wouldn't say you'd love it if you actually wouldn't. All my master plans work out, there's nothing for you to be afraid of here."

Not 5 seconds later, I hear my bedroom door bust open and Nat pops her head in my bathroom. "What's this about a master plan?"

Bucky groans and I smile at her. "See, Buck! Someone believes in my cause."

Nat laughs and walks the rest of the way in. "Who does it concern?"

I smirk. "Neither of you two. It's gonna be great. I'll even throw something in for you two. Now come on, James. Jeez, you take forever to brush your teeth."

He spits one last time and washes off his toothbrush, placing it in the cup. He wipes off his mouth with a washcloth before speaking. "Sorry for having good dental hygiene, you demon. And, by the way, you could've used this time to actually make yourself presentable, but instead you decided to complain."

I raise an eyebrow. "Excuse me? Presentable?"

He just smirks at me. What am I not understanding?

Nat speaks while she walks up behind me, "Speaking of which," she slaps my ass.

My bare ass.

"Nice bod, babe. Didn't know you had all that goin on."