sixty-two

IM SO SO SO SO SORRY LOL ITS BEEN LIKE 3 DAYS IVE HAD SO MUCH SCHOOL WORK

Beth's POV

"Alright, everyone. I assume you're wondering why you were all called here today-"

Sam groans out. "Is this optional?"

I give him a death glare and he immediately silences himself, allowing Tony to continue. Tony immediately begins slowly pacing in front of them again. "No, this is not optional. You all must participate in the draft."

I see Bucky roll his eyes, clearly annoyed at the situation at hand.

Wanda lifts a brow. "Draft?"

Tony nods. "Yes, my little witch. The draft." He stops pacing and holds a hand out towards me. "B here has decided that her life's purpose is to simply ruin mine, so, we are drafting you all into a team and starting a civil war."

Sam puts his hands on his hips. "What the hell does that even mean?"

I glare at him and speak through my teeth. "It means shut the hell up and let him finish."

His eyes widen and he holds up his hands, once again silencing himself.

Tony nods his head to me in appreciation. "Thank you, demon. Anyway-"

I step towards him. "What'd you just call me?"

He squints at me and takes a step closer, us both now only about 2 feet away from each other. "I hate to break it to you, but no one is scared of you anymore."

Thank god I thought to grab my knife this morning. I smirk at him. "Oh really?" I pull the butterfly knife out of my pocket and flip it through my hands, spinning it around my fingers.

Sam ducks behind Bucky. "Who the hell gave her a knife?"

Tony rolls his eyes and touches his wrist. A small metal encasing pops over his hand and a laser shoots out, knocking the knife out of my grasp. I throw my hands up. "Hey! That's my favorite one, be careful with her."

He shrugs and touches his wrist again, the metal disappearing. "Shouldn't have threatened me with.. her."

I growl at him and step towards him, but I feel a grasp on my arms. One cold and one warm. I groan, "Damnit, James. Can't you let me hit him once?"

He hums out a laugh. "I already gave you a free pass to fight Sharon and you wasted it. That was a one time offer."

I spin around, knocking his hold off of me. "You can blame yourself for that one. You gave me.. morals, or whatever."

He rolls his eyes. "That had nothing to do with me. The moral of you not hurting women came from what happened with your father, actually. So, blame the daddy issues for that one."

I squint at him, trying not to smile. "Ha. Ha. Joke about my trauma. So funny."

He actually laughs this time. "Quit milkin' it then."

I scoff out a loud laugh. "I'm not milking anything! My dad literally murdered my entire family! I'm allowed to-"

He interrupts me. "Yeah, yeah. Boo-hoo. Now hush and explain your team bullshit."

I give a side smirk and roll my eyes, then push him back towards the line. Idiot.

Once I look at the rest of them, they all have a weird look on their face. I gave them one back. "What?"

It's surprisingly Tony who answers, so I turn my head to him. "Why does he get to make trauma jokes but not us?"

I glare at him. "Because he makes me cream my pants just by looking at me. Any more questions?"