forty-one

it's kinda short but my ass is tired sorry kittens I swear to do better tomorrow LOL

Nat's POV

"Go fucking faster, god damnit!"

"This thing doesn't go any fucking faster, Barnes. Stop acting like I don't want her back just as bad as you do. I'm doing my best."

Bucky has lost his mind since they took B. I feel for him, I'm starting to freak out a little bit, too. What the hell happens if we don't get her back?

There's an eerie silence in the jet. No one wants to bring up the fact of the situation, she was taken by an organization that works completely under the radar.

And to make matters worse?

We destroyed the only other 2 bases we knew of. We have no idea where the fuck they could take her. She could end up on any part of the earth and we wouldn't have even a clue as to where.

Bucky walks away from Tony and heads to the main part of the jet where everyone else is sitting silently.

Steve straightens his back out a bit, sitting up fully. "Buck-"

He grunts out a yell and chucks one of the crates across the jet, it shattering into pieces after hitting the wall.

I can't even imagine what's going though his head. We're all worried beyond belief.. but what we're feeling is nothing compared to what he must be.

They sleep in the same bed together every night for Christ sakes, they are the only known antidote to each other's nightmares. They bring each other comfort and peace, they literally changed themselves into better people because of each other.

He's still destroying everything in sight, no one is doing a thing to stop him. I've got to do something. I stand from my seat and walk over to him, grabbing his arm as it swings back to punch the wall. "Come with me. Now."

I don't even give him a chance to respond before pulling him back to the hallway with the bathroom. I spin around to face him. "We're going to get her back, you have to calm down."

He licks his bottom lip, refusing to make eye contact. "Oh yeah? How? Their plane is nowhere in sight, Natasha! They're fucking gone. She's g-"

I grab his face, forcing him to look at me. "Don't even say it. She is not gone. We are going to get her back. Whether that's in a hour or in a day or even a week from now.. we are going to get her. No one on this jet will ever stop looking for her, do you understand that?"

He keeps eye contact and stays silent for a minute. I can see his eyes start to gloss over. His voice cracks when he speaks. "Did you hear what she said on the ear piece? About the song?"

I nod. "I did."

He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his phone, opening up google and showing a website. I scan my eyes across the page. My eyes go wide when I read the sentence. I look back up into his gaze.

He gives a half ass smile. He sarcastically laughs when he speaks, voice still cracking. "She loves me, Nat. She told me she loves me and I let her go off with the same people who destroyed my life."

Oh my god. This is going to be what destroys him. I shake my head, "You can't blame yourself for this. We all let her go, hell, she would've went even if we tried to tie her down. Bad things happen Buck, but we will find her. Okay?"

He doesn't respond. He purses his lips in to hide his emotion, then quickly wraps his arms around me, burying his head into my shoulder.. hugging me.

Beth's POV

They've got me strapped to a chair in the back of the jet. They had acquired a few more men before taking off, the base blowing up a few minutes afterwards.

They're speaking Russian to each other so that I can't understand what they're saying. Not that is really matters, who the hell am I gonna tell?

I whistle. "Hey, fuck face. Mind telling me where we're going?"

My father stops mid sentence and slowly turns around. He smiles eerily at me as he stalks over to me. He bends over and leans down, hands on his knees, and gets face level with me. "Why? Trying to make an escape plan?" He reaches up and grabs my jaw tightly between his fingers. "Hate to break it to you, but we're going to the middle of nowhere. They aren't going to find you. You aren't going to escape. No one knows this place exists."

I smile cynically. "Just trying to figure out where to mark off on my passport. This is basically a vacation for me."

He grits his teeth and shoves my face backwards, his hand releasing his hold from it. "This won't be any type of vacation for you, sweetheart."

I tilt my head. "Why, dad? Are you gonna try and kill me again? Are you gonna make it stick this time?"

He laughs cynically. "You're going to wish that I killed you. I have better plans for you, Rose."

I give a fake, closed-mouth laugh. "That's not my name anymore."

He smiles. "Oh, I know. I tried to find you for years, but Rose Michaels just," he raises his hand up, "fell off the face of the earth." He walks slowly around me as he speaks. "Kind of, like I did. Like father, like daughter.. right?" He stops once he makes it to my right side. "I must applaud you, though. You found me first. I'm impressed. I'm assuming the avengers had something to do with that?"

I tilt my head and crack my head. "It was a group effort, actually. They hate you just as much as I do."

He laughs. "Oh, Rose. How could you hate your own father? Do you not even have enough love in your heart for family?"

I grit my teeth and make eye contact with him. "You are not my family. My family died in my backyard the same day Rose did. My other family is currently out searching for me, and honestly," I lean towards him when I say this, my voice lowering, "I hope my boyfriend gets to kill you before I do. God knows what he wants to do to you right now, he might even have more torturous ideas than me."

He stares at me for a minute before smirking. "Yeah, we'll see about that."