seventy-six

Beth's POV

"But why?"

Loki throws his hands up. "I did your dirty work once already."

My jaw drops. "You're the king of doing the dirty work! Plus, you didn't even steal the 2nd most important part of it! That's sounds like an unfinished mission to me."

His mouth curves into a conniving grin. "Yes. Very sad. Anyway-"

"Loki, so help me god, go break into Tony's lab again or I'll-"

A throat clears behind me. "May I ask why you're telling Loki to go break into my lab?"

I spin around and give Tony an innocent look. "I need something. Will you please unlock it for me?"

He purses his lips and looks up at the ceiling, acting like he's thinking. "I'm gonna have to go with no on that one."

My shoulders slump. "Tony, it's an emergency."

"Fine. If you tell me what for."

He says to keep out the sex stuff, so I'll do my best. "I may or may not have locked up Bucky with some of your super solider-proof handcuffs." I spun my head around to glare at Loki. "He forgot to get the key."

Tony uncrosses just arms and flails them a bit. "So let me get this straight." He points at me. "You had him break into my lab and steal from me, then you proceeded to lock up your boyfriend, and now you want me to help you?"

My mouth scrunches, laughter bubbling inside of me, threatening to escape. "Precisely."

"Nope. Not happening." He turns to walk away. "Have a wonderful day, man-slayer. Have fun getting yourself out of that one."

Damnit. Time for plan C. "Steve!"

His head whips around to look at me, the people around him also glancing over. I wave him over and start to walk out the door. Once he catches up to me, he's opens the door so we can exit. "Yes?"

I don't even look up at him. "I need help."

We make it up to my floor and we enter my bedroom. The second Steve and Bucky make eye contact, they both yell at me. It varies from things like, "Beth, what the hell?" from Bucky and "Jesus Christ, I did not want to see this today." from Steve.

I roll my eyes. "First, Bucky, I'm sorry you feel emasculated, but I couldn't get the key. Second, Steve, I also apologize for you having to see this, but he's covered! Third, I'm really not all that sorry. This is funny."

I hear a growl come from Bucky. "Humor me as to why he's here?"

"Yeah, I would also like to know."

I smirk. "Okay, so the cuffs can't break from super soldier strength, but I'm thinking 3 super soldiers could definitely swing it." I scoot my way across the room, landing on the left side of Bucky. "Me and Steve can pull this side and you can just try and pull your arm that way. We'll start with the metal one, I feel like that one will be easier."

He leans his head back, closing his eyes. "Stupid idea."

I raise a brow. "Do you want to be stuck here forever?"

One eye opens and he gives me a half smirk. "If I'll get 24/7 action like you just gave me, I'm game."

Steve scoffs. "Uh, hello!"

I roll my eyes. "Both of you pipe down and start pulling."

Bucky laughs as we get in our positions. I have one foot on the bed and Steve has one foot propped up on the wall. Once we both have a good grip on the cuff, Steve speaks. "Okay, on 3. 1... 2... 3!"