twenty-nine

Beth's POV

Have you ever had an experience where you just look around and realize you're going to remember that moment for the rest of your life?

Up until this day, all of those moments for me were terrible ones.

But right now, riding on my bike in the rain beside Bucky, I know this is one of them.

This might be my peak. I'm not sure I'll ever feel more free or more happy than I do in this exact moment.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've always been an adrenaline junkie. I love doing things that could easily get me killed. For example, becoming an assassin, fighting men twice my size.. even something like driving a motorcycle in a thunderstorm gives me a kind of high.

But the man riding next to me is definitely the cause of this euphoria.

He's like heroin. He may not think very much of his life or even life itself, but I think the world of him.

Up until this point, I would kill every man.

Now, I would very easily die for him.

"Take off your helmet!"

I look over at him, his head now on full display. His hair blowing back, his skin drenched, his eyes full of life.

I take off my helmet and lay it between my back and the seat rest, smiling at him. The rain is now pelting my face, but I'd accept this pain any day for the feeling I'm getting while looking at him.

"Are you two crazy? You're going to get yourselves killed!"

I furrow my brows and look at my left. Nat and Steve are in a car next to us, both with mildly angry faces.

I give them the biggest smirk, then look over at Bucky. I tilt my head forward, hoping he'll get what I'm asking. He smirks at me and pulls the throttle, accelerating his speed and darting out in front of us. I turn back to Steve and Nat before shrugging my shoulders and doing the same.

Me and him race the whole way home, both of us gaining on each other every time the other one took the lead. Nat and Steve followed closely behind the entire time.

Once we enter the garage and park our bikes we look at each other. He started to say something, but then we hear Nat's engine rev. He speaks. "Run?"

I nod. "Run."

We dart to entrench and find the elevator. We press the button, waiting for it to arrive. We hear Nat's car door open and close, and then footsteps coming towards us. Thankfully, the doors open and we step inside.

He goes to press a floor number, but I speak up. "My room."

He looks over at me with wild eyes. Before he can even press the button, I step towards him. I wrap my hands in his hair and slam our lips together. I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist, his left arm wraps around me and his other moves to press the button to my floor.

I reach down and pull his shirt out from in between my legs and tug it off of him, laying it in-between us. He uses his right hand to do the same with mine, using his left arm to keep me from tipping backwards. I attach our mouths again, our tongues meeting.

The elevator dings and opens up, he blindly walks us back towards my room.

Only, he must have miscalculated which button he pressed.

"Oh my god! My eyes! My eyes!"

Our eyes shoot open and I jump off of him, turning towards the commotion.