eighty-eight

surprise ;)

!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!! make sure you read 87 before this !!!!!!!!

Beth's POV

That morning (and when I say morning, I mean 12), we woke up and got started with our day. It was unnecessary to buy groceries since we'd only be here a few days, so we went out for lunch, just skipping breakfast altogether.

The place I wanted to go was about 25 minutes from the diner we ate at. I made Bucky drive so that I could get comfy and lose the carb bloat I got from all the pasta. He got a real kick out of the fact that I unbutton my pants when I feel too full.

He doesn't have a uterus taking up extra space in his stomach. He doesn't understand.

When he pulls up to the gate, I reach over him with my phone, showing the virtual tickets to the man in the booth. Once he scans them, he waves us inside.

Bucky slowly drives over to the parking lot, choosing a spot towards the back. "What is this place?"

I smile at him and reach over to turn the car off, jumping out of my seat. I hear him chuckle before stepping out of the car himself, keys in hand. I hold my hand out for him to grab. "Come on. You'll see."

He gladly takes my hand and lets me drag him through the parking lot. Once the house and lawn come into view, he raises a brow. "Why is there so many people here?"

"It's the Biltmore Estate. There's always people here."

He points to the large house. "What goes on in there?"

I shrug. "Nothing."

His head whips over to me. "Then what are we doing?"

I shrug again. "Looking at it."

He squints his eyes. "Then what are the tickets for?"

I laugh at him. "To look at the house."

He gives me an incredulous look. "You paid money to go look at someone else's house?"

I nod. "Yep. $300, actually."

He gasps. "What the hell?"

I laugh and speak quietly. "It's blood money, James. We gotta give back to the community."

He groans as I yank his arm, pulling him towards the actual building. "I cannot believe we went on a mountain trip just to stare at multiple houses."

I laugh loudly. "You have a point there." I look over at him. "It's expensive for a reason, let's go find out why."

-

Once we're inside, I understand why it's $150 a person. I'd pay $1,000 to see this, honestly. It's beautiful in here. Granted, it is December so it's also decorated for Christmas, but still.

We've made it about halfway through, and surprisingly, Bucky hasn't complained once. I'm utterly shocked by the revelation, but I'm not going to bring it up or else he may start.

"Beth."

I continue looking at the giant Christmas tree, not sparing him a glance. "Hm?"

His voice gets louder, like he leaned towards me. "There is a small child staring at me."

I make an amused face, finally looking over at him. Except he's not looking at me, he's have a staring death-match with a 5 year old. I smack his arm so he looks at me instead. "Stop it, you're gonna scare him."