fifty-three

anotha one enjoy

thank you to TheGirlAtTheBar for looking through this before I posted, you're doing god's work babe 

also I'm all about inclusion so if there's some stuff you wanna see pls tell me I love including your ideas it makes this so much fun

Bucky's POV

Once I slip on my shirt, we're both fully dressed and ready to go. I grab her hand and start to lead her out of the room. I pause once we get to the stairs. "Hey, JARVIS! Where's Natasha?"

"She's in the kitchen, sir."

"Can you-, actually wait, who's she with?"

"Mr. Stark and Mr. Rogers are with her."

I turn to Beth and continue walking up the stairs. "Oh shit! I almost fucked us."

She furrows her brows. "What do you mean?"

"I was gonna have him tell her to clear the security tapes for the ballroom."

Her eyes widen. "Oh god! That would've been bad."

I nod and laugh. "Yeah, it would've." We reach the top of the stairs and I open the door for her. "So, how are you gonna tell the rest of them that your memory is back?"

She gives me a look, one that worries me to say the least. "You down for a little scheming?"

I sigh, shaking my head. "I have a feeling you're going to talk me into one regardless."

She laughs. "Yep!" She pressed the button in the elevator and we wait for it to arrive. "So, I was thinking we could.. not tell them. Have a little fun with it."

The elevator opens a few seconds later and I swing my arm around her shoulder, hugging her to me while we walk in. "Yeah.. you're definitely back."

She laughs while pressing a button to a floor. "Yep. So, are you in or am I going solo in this mission?"

I scoff. "Of course I'm in. Are you joking?"

She laughs. "Perfect, because I already have so many ideas. One really good one in particular."

I look down at her. "You're starting to scare me."

She reaches over and slaps my chest. "I should already scare you." The door opens and she grabs my hand, pulling me out and into the kitchen.

The second we see the others, she lets go of my hand and speaks. "Nat, Bucky needs to speak with you out in the hall."

She raises an eyebrow, but stands and walks away from the table anyways. I walk out into the hallway and wait for her to get to me. When she comes into view, she gives me a look. "What's up? Did something happen?"

I shake my head. "Uh, no.. actually, I just need you to clear the surveillance tapes from the ballroom. I'm not sure how to do it."

Her eyes go wide. "What?"

I shush her. "Can you pipe down? Jesus, Nat."

She laughs, talking quieter again. "I'm sorry, I'm just confused. I thought you were waiting until she got her memory back to do anything."

God, I should've fucking thought this through before I talked to her. "Well, you know.. it just happened, I guess-"

She gasps. "She has her memory back, doesn't she?"

I'm silent for a second. "No."

She starts laughing, trying to keep herself quiet. "Oh my god! She did! That's great news, how'd you find out?"