fifty-six

Beth's POV

When we finally get back, I'm practically shoving Bucky out of the car. I know he's like 100 and something, but damn is he slow. I grumble. "Bucky, please for the love of god light a fire under it."

He laughs and turns to face me, his body half way out of the car. "What the hell kind of North Carolina slang is that?"

I growl at him. "James Buchanan Barnes, I will-"

He raises his hands. "I'm going, I'm going. Jesus."

Once he's finally out of the car, I jump out with my bag in hand and grab his arm, yanking him towards the elevator. I press the button and turn to face the others who are slowly making their way towards us. "You guys should join us!"

All 3 of them grunt out a, "No!"

I roll my eyes. "It's really not anything you're thinking."

Wanda squints her eyes at me. "Why don't I believe you?"

I huff. "Wanda, I don't lie!" I throw my hands up and look towards the ceiling. "Why does no one ever believe me?"

Steve clears his throat. "Uh, you literally lied for a week to everyone about not having your memories."

I shake my head. "First of all, Natasha knew-"

He gasps. "What?"

I continue, "-and second, lying doesn't matter if it's part of a master plan."

He raises a brow. "And how do we know this isn't a master plan?"

The elevator pops open and I walk backwards, shrugging my shoulders. "Guess you'll have to find out."

~

"This is horse shit. I thought it was something super kinky! Like your knife thing or whatever." Natasha pouts as she pulls another chair into my bedroom.

I shrug, moving my TV to the floor. "I told you all it wasn't what you thought it was."

Wanda scoffs. "Yeah, but you also didn't mention that it was building a fort."

Bucky laughs, flinging a blanket to hang over top of the chairs. "The bitch loves forts."

I roll my eyes. "I was robbed of my childhood." I throw my hands up. "Sue me."

Steve raises a brow. "Not a bad idea. You are loaded."

This causes me to cackle. "You gonna really sue me, Rogers? If it's money you want, you can just have my debit card, sweet thing. I'll be your sugar mama."

He squints his eyes. "Wait, what does that mean?"

Nat and Wanda look in his direction, speaking in unison. "You don't wanna know."

He purses his lips and nods. "Never mind, then."

20 minutes later, the fort is put together and better than ever, may I add. Me and Bucky's are usually fairly small with just a couple blankets and a pillow underneath. Nat and Wanda decided to put forth some of their stuff, though, so this one is huge.

I sigh, sticking my hands on my hips and staring at our creation. "Ahh. The mega fort."

Bucky rolls his eyes and I squint at him. "What? Something wrong with the mega fort, James?"

He shakes his head. "Nope." He kisses my cheek. "You're just cute is all."

I laugh and swing my arms around his neck. "Aw. You're cute, too." I mean forward and attach our lips together.