thirty-two

besties I hate to say this but I just watched twilight while writing this and robert pattinson is finer than a mfer per usual but that movie made me want to block him on everything

also I only have 1 class tomorrow so you should be getting two updates again!! In the meantime, enjoy this one ;) thank you for 30k!!!

Beth's POV

It's been a week since Nat told everyone about the missions. Tony made it very certain that we needed to keep surveillance on the place for a few weeks before heading in. We needed to know around how many people were there, when they were there, and who exactly would and wouldn't be the there at the time we went.

I've had to talk myself out of sneaking out and going alone, but I know better than that. I got as far as I did by being smart, not by making rash decisions.

I think Bucky has been able to tell I'm a little on edge about waiting to go, because he's been really nice the past week. He's been working out with me at night, letting me pick whatever movies we watch, making me food and bringing it to me, among lots of other things.

Right now, I'm heading up to Tony's office. I was in my room when I got a message from JARVIS telling me Tony needed to talk to me.

I exit the elevator and head to his office, not bothering to knock before walking in. Tony is sitting at his desk. "You needed me?"

"Yeah, sit." I walk over and sit down, motioning for him to continue. He sighs. "We need to talk about your plan."

I make a face. "What do you mean?"

"Your plan once we capture your father. What is it?"

Is that not obvious? "I've been searching for him for years, I want to make him pay for what he did to my mom and sister. I want him dead, Tony."

He huffs and looks down at the desk, shaking his head. "B, I can't-"

I sit up straighter. "No, don't say it."

He looks back up at me. "We are not the judge, jury, and executioner. What he did was terrible, but the agency does not work like that. I can let you in the room to question him if you'd like, but after that we're sending him to S.H.E.I.L.D. to rot in a cell for the rest of his life."

I start to get angry. "No, that's not enough. He deserves to die."

"If he dies he won't get to suffer. He will suffer in a cell."

"I'll make him suffer myself before I kill him."

He stands up. "I'm sorry, I really am, but don't get your hopes up. Stay in here and cool down, I'll go." He pats my shoulder and walks out of the room.

I'm infuriated. He made me live in this tower and fight with them after being an assassin, but won't let me kill the man that murdered my whole family? Is this a joke?

He deserves this. "Hey JARVIS, send Barnes up here please, tell him it's urgent."

2 minutes later Bucky busts in the room. "What's wrong?"

I stand up and walk towards him, pulling him all the way in and shutting the door behind him, locking it. "Fuck me."

His eyes widen. "Woah, what? Right now?"

I push him back against the door by his shoulders. "Here. Now." I pull my shirt over my head. "Okay?"

He looks down at my now exposed chest and licks his bottom lip. He then looks back up and my face and smirks, pulling his shirt off, too. I smile at him and lunge forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and connecting our lips together. His arms wrap around my waist and pull me impossibly close to him.