fifty-four

happy birthday Amandaparvin  <3

Bucky's POV

It's been a week. A week.

Beth is still toying with Tony and Steve about liking one of them, except now she's also included Pietro and Sam in it, too.

Needless to say, I haven't had to avoid anyone because they're all avoiding me now. I guess no one wants to tell me that my girlfriend is hitting on them. And by 'them,' I mean everyone in the house with a dick. I really don't mind that I'm being avoided, though, just means less unnecessary conversation for me.

I'm honestly shocked no one has questioned her true intentions yet. Everyone is just believing her for some reason, which is stupid. They didn't believe a word she said whenever she had her memories in tact and never lied, but now that she's been brainwashed, they just all of the sudden trust everything she says and does? Weird.

Honestly, she's a pain in my ass. There's no doubt about that.

But god damn, do I love that bitch.

I never even thought I could feel this way about someone. A few months ago, I would've never in a million years seen me with a girlfriend. I didn't even give women the time of day, I just planned on being alone for the rest of my life. I was good at being alone, I liked it.

But now? I'd die if she ever left me. I was fine being alone before, but now that I know what it feels like to be loved by her, I never want to give it up.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll put up with her antics any day if that means I get to be with her.

And I have to admit, it is kinda funny.

But don't fucking tell her I said that. Good god, I would never hear the end of it.

Anyway, she told me today that she'd make my lunch to make up for all that she's making me go through. Which, of course, I wasn't gonna turn down. She left the room about 30 minutes ago, so I'm heading down there now.

The elevator doors open and I walk out into the hall, heading towards the kitchen.

But then, I hear commotion.

For fuck's sake.

I get closer to the kitchen door to inspect what the hell she's up to now, peeking my head around the corner so I can see.

When I see the scene in front of me, it takes everything in me not to laugh. She's in there with Steve, Tony, and Sam and they're backed up against the wall while she slowly strides towards them.

"C'mon, guys. It could be fun." She's spinning a knife between her fingers. "Any one of you is fine.. or maybe two.. or all 3."

Oh my god.

All of their eyes are wide as they stare at her, not sure what to say.

I sigh. Alright, one of them is gonna pass out if I don't stop her soon. I jog up behind her, grabbing her by her waist and carrying her across the room. She squeals for a second, but stops when she realized who I was. I plop her down on the floor and spin her around by her shoulders so that she's facing me. She sticks her fists on her hips, one of them still clutching the knife. She speaks in a hushed tone. "What the hell?"

I huff and grab the knife out of her hand, throwing it on the floor. "You have got to stop this. You're freaking them out."

Her eyes go wide and she whisper yells. "What? No! I'm having so much fun!"