fourteen

Thank you guys so much for 4K reads!!! I was at like 300 reads yesterday. I'm so beyond grateful. Here's another update today as a thank you <3 hope you enjoy
Also, I haven't edited it because I wanted to go ahead and get it out, so if there's any mistakes comment on them and I'll fix them lol

Beth's POV

I silently cry on Bucky's shirt. He's leaning against my bed post and I'm wrapped around his chest, he's holding me tight. I don't know what in that moment made me feel like I could trust him, but I did.

I realize I've been crying on him for over 10 minutes and I sit up and wipe my eyes.

"Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I haven't cried in years."

He sits up, too. "No, it's fine. What do you mean years? You have to cry about some stuff."

I shake my head. "No, uh, I don't really have anything to cry over. No pets that can die, no family that can die, no friends really. I've been alone for years."

"Oh, come on. There's gotta be something that makes you cry."

"Nothing in real-life. I get over emotional at movies and shows. The only time I ever cry is when something fictional happens."

He laughs a little. "I can't see you crying at a TV."

I give him a look. "Turn on any episode of Grey's Anatomy and see what happens."

"Seriously? A show about doctors?"

I stand up. "Buck, I cried watching the Katy Perry Movie."

He laughs loudly at this. "Isn't that like a documentary?"

"He told her he wanted to end their marriage over text right before her concert! I couldn't help it! You should've seen her, it was heart breaking."

He stops and stares at me for a second. "Have you ever had your heart broken?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, by a guy. Has a man ever shattered you heart?"

I give him a half-smirk. "Yeah, Beth the serial killer who hates men totally has the time and will power to date."

He gives me one back. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

I sigh and walk towards my bathroom, still talking to him. "I don't mind being alone. I hate men anyways, there's no way I'd let one hurt me."

I look at myself and see him walk in behind me, making eye contact through the mirror. "It's not that bad. Every pain ends at some point."

I spin around. "Have you had your heart broken, James?"

He looks down at his feet. "Twice, actually. Both like 80 years ago, though. I don't even really remember how it felt. Compared to everything that's happened to me since then, it just kind of feels obsolete."

I walk up to him. "Well, I told you my life story, maybe you can return the favor one day. It's gotta be more interesting than mine."

He looks down at me. "I don't know, you give me a run for my money."

I smile at him and pat his face. "If you decide you want to tell me, you know where to find me." I walk back into my room and sit back on my bed.

Bucky is standing at the foot of my bed, hands in his pockets. "Well, uh.. unless you need anything else, I think I'm gonna head down to my room."

I shake my head. "No, go ahead. Um, sorry for all that. If you tell anyone I cried I'll chop your dick off."

He laughs loudly. "You wouldn't. You enjoy it too much."