thirty-one

sorry, I've been so busy with classes!! this one isn't very long but it'll give you a good preview of what's gonna come up soon

Beth's POV

Its been around 2 weeks since every one found out about me and Bucky. It's pretty funny how mad everyone gets at the PDA and sexual comments we make towards each other. I'm with him most of the time, we go back and forth between each other's rooms every night.

Everyone's been in and out on different missions, me and Bucky even got to do one of mine. He was even sent on one with Steve at one point, they've apparently changed their opinion on him ever since I asked if he could go on one with me.

It's now a Friday and I'm laying in my bed while Bucky gets us something to eat. There's a knock on the door and Nat walks in.

"B, we need to talk."

I sit up. "Okay?"

She sits on my bed and lays a folder down. "Okay, so I've been digging ever since we found out your dad works with HYDRA. I found a few of their bases, I'm hoping he's in one of these and not in another one that I can't locate."

My eyes go wide. "You might've found him?"

She nods. "Hopefully, yes. These are huge bases and there's no way we could go in alone. We're going to have to get Tony and the team to help. We're going to have to tell them about you dad, though."

"What? Why?"

She huffs. "If you want to be the one to get him, you have to make sure none of them get to him first. We can get him and bring him back here. Every time we've gone after HYDRA, it's been 'kill all on site' missions, minus a few to question. He would die in the crossfire."

"I don't want to bring him back here. I just want to kill him and make him suffer."

She gives me a sad smile. "I know, babe. But no one is going to let that happen. That's why I was so upset for you when I found out he was in HYDRA. It's just messy."

I'll just have to do it myself then. I'll get the files and go alone if I have to. Tony never changed my bracelet back after Nat's game, so it's just a GPS one, not one that alerts him when I leave. I give her a fake sad smile back and nod.

She pats my shoulder. "Sorry, babe. You can always sneak in the room and torture him, though. I'll even block the door."

Just then, Bucky walks in the room with 2 plates. Nat speaks again. "I'll head out now, sorry again, babe." I just nod in reply and she leaves.

He sets the plates down and sits beside me. "What was that about?"

"You'll find out later. I don't want to worry about it right now. Thank you for the food, though." I smile at him.

He leans over and kisses my cheek. "Eat."

~

Bucky's POV

Around 8 pm, Nat called us all into the meeting room. We're all sat around a table except for B and Nat.

Nat looks over at her. "Do you want to start or do you want me to?"

She shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I'll start." She looks around the table. "Okay, so a couple of you already know why I had the job I did, but if you don't, it's because of my father." She looks down at the table. "We lived around here when I was really young, but then moved down to North Carolina for a few years. It was me, my parents, and my sister who was 5 years younger than me. He was always really nice to us, always bought us whatever we wanted, took us on trips, loved my mom a lot.. so, when I was 12 and he randomly attempted to murder us all, it came as a bit of a shock."