sixteen

Beth's POV

I wake up around 10 after a long night of tossing and turning. Everyone always makes jokes about how I sleep for so long, really I'm in and out of it all night, I really only get about 4-5 hours total at most.

After brushing my teeth and throwing on clothes, I head downstairs. I've had a few candy cravings and they don't keep any here, so I'm heading to ask someone to go get me some since I'm not allowed to leave.

I walk in the kitchen and see almost everyone in there. Tony sees me first. "Ah, sleeping beauty's finally awake! We just finished breakfast, you want some? There's plenty left."

I look around and see various plates full of breakfast food. "Is there Turkey bacon?"

Nat speaks next. "Yeah, it's on the blue plate in the corner."

I walk over to it and grab a whole plate of just that and take my plate over to the table. "Is anyone going to the store today by any chance?"

Steve answers me. "I don't think anyone was planning on it, but I can. What do you need, tiny?"

I smirk and pick up a piece of my Turkey bacon. "A few things. I'll make you a list."

Sam decided to make a joke. "It's nothing pointy or sharp is it?"

I roll my eyes. "No, Samuel. I want candy."

He laughs. "Seriously?"

I give him a blank stare. "Dead serious."

"Okay, you're creeping me out. Quit looking at me like that."

I laugh a little and continue to eat my food. I finish my plate and wipe my hands off in a napkin, getting comfier in my seat.

Tony looks my direction again. "Did you seriously just get an entire plate of bacon and call that your breakfast? It wasn't even the good, normal bacon."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not big on breakfast food. Especially not normal bacon, it's nasty."

He looks down at his watch like he's reading something. "Yep, sign of a serial killer. That checks out."

I laugh. "God, you're annoying."

He clutched his hand to his check. "And here I was about to allow you to go to the store with Capsicle. But nevermind since I'm so annoying."

Excited, I stand straight up from my seat. "Seriously? Can I?"

"Apologize for calling me annoying and you can."

"Fine, fine, you're not annoying! You're a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, now can I please go?"

He nods, satisfied. "Of course."

I jump a little out of excitement and start jogging towards the elevator. "Yay! Steve wait here, Tony get my bracelet, I'm going to throw on some shoes!"

I press the elevator button, but it's taking too long. I walk a few steps back to the doorway of the kitchen. "Pietro, give me a hand, the elevator is taking forever."

He rolls his eyes but in a second he's in front of me. I jump on his back and he speeds us up the stairs until we're in front of my door. I hop off his back and walk into my room. I grab some shoes and start to put them on.

While I do this, Pietro is walking around my room. "Why haven't you decorated?"

I shrug. "I don't know, haven't had time to I guess. My apartment was pretty bland, too. I did have some plants, though, that I liked taking care of."