RACE DAY!!

I really can't believe what has happened for the past year. My best friend became my boyfriend and my boyfriend became my best friend.

"So, how are things?" I sat across from Scott at a small coffee shop. "Things are good. The coach and the teams misses you." He says. The corners of my lips turn to form a slight grin. "What about Bravo, he probably doesn't?" I say going in for a sip of my coffee. "Accually, he asked me about you. He wants to know if he can have another chance." I either choke of sip of this coffee, I choke. Great this guy has a death wish. "What about Kevin, James and Derek?" I say. "They told him that he shouldn't mess around with you. I told him the same thing, I failed you and I couldn't watch somebody else hurt you." he said holding my hand on the table. "He's got a serious death wish." I say. "What else did he ask?"

"Well, he asked about, your favorite flower, and your hobbies, which is normal I guess. But then he asked some really weird shit about Nash." he said. This guy is going to end up dead or at least wish it.

"Patrick Bravo, could have any girl on campus, why me?" I say. "You have that 'me against the world' attitude and some guys just love that. Besides, he said when we broke up, he would have you just to see what all the hype was about." I could believe that little prick. "By the way, he ask about Nash's police record." Scott told me. Holy shit, this little bitch plays dirty. "Thanks, I'll see you in a couple hours." I said leaving money for my coffee and running off.

Patrick fucking Bravo, had no idea what he was doing. I ran back to my apartment, where Nash spent more time then at his own. "Hey, what's got you all worked up?" He asked when I entered the door. "Bravo, asked Scott about your criminal history." I pant, the last time I ran was to out run Wrangler Pointe's finest. "Well, that's no big deal." he shrugged his shoulders. "He gonna try to get me arrested, isn't he?" Nash asked. "They had me in a holding cell last time I was down there, I really have no plans on going back." he paced frantically. "Calm down, all we can do if wait for him to lose interest in me." I said. "But right now, we've got a race to get ready for." I held his shoulders. "I really don't think a bunch of guys racing around a track and me being covered in oil will make this go away." he said looking at me sadly. "Well, I'll be there." I said. "And he won't."

"Now, I might be feeling better." I smiled at me. He held me close to him, "Your a jail bait, and not even in the traditional way." he said. I just looked at him, with a huge smile on my face, "Yeah, I know. Almost, 67 times for you."

"76, is more like it." he mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked suspiciously.

"76." he mumbled again.

"So, 76. I guess that I better go." I pushed away from him. "Got to get ready for the race that you're not happy about, but when are you happy?" I walked off to my room. I changed into a dark olive green tank top, and my navy jumpsuit, which was covered in oil and gasoline and other car stuff.

I called Garth and Terri, and let them know that we were headed to the track.

So me, Nico and my very upset boyfriend were driving down to the track. This was one of the more awkward rides with these two I've ever had. "So, Bravo wants to get me arrested?" Nash said breaking the silence. "Yeah, he think it will make me leave you." I stare blankly out the window.

"Well then I guess, I'll have to be..." Nash shuttered at the thought of it. "Good?" I said. "Yeah, I guess you will." "Can't I just myself arrested?" He asked. "I'll kick your ass if you do." I looks at him. "Does this mean that I have to be 'good' too?" Nico asked. "Yes!" Nash and me said in unison, we sounded like parents and it made my skin crawl.

I never though about being a parent, it just seemed scary, and if I really think about it I already have at least six kids as it is. "I really don't see what the guys problem is in the beginning, you have great friends, a great family, and an awesome boyfriend. Why would you want the pasty face, wanna be thug whose second string on the football team?" Nico asked. Why is this kid so smart, but so stupid at the same time?

***

We got to track and started maintenance on Scott's car. The other mechanics where hear too, which is something I regret. "Damn, that idiot." I said sliding out from under the car. A couple guys whistled at me. I had the top half if my jumpsuit tied around my waist, with my fair pulled into a messy bun and a bandana tied around it my hair, so I guess they had a right to whistle. "Stupid assholes." Nash mumbled. "Be nice." I hit him. "Im headed to concession, do the two of you want anything?" I asked.

"Water."

"Are the hot girls here yet?"

I shook my head and headed for concessions. "Well, I guess they really couldn't get the kid a mechanic." one of the other mechanics said. He looked about my age, and had a deep southern accent. "My, my, I guess I'm just the luckiest girl, instead of working for him, I could've took your job." I said. I made it concessions and bought two waters.

I made it back to the pits. "Someone needs to do a test drive." Nash said. "I'm on it." Nico raced to the car. "Sit down." I pushed him back. The other mechanics walked by, "So I guess, he gets to bang her two, don't you think so boys." the same one from earlier laughed. "I 'ought to..." I touched Nash's shoulder. "Well, baby you're car must purr like a kitten with all the lame shit that you try to talk." I placed my hands on my hips. "Darlin, you haven't got a mechanics bone in your body." he stepped closer to me. "You're from Cradle Boom, Alabama." I said. His face was amazed. "I'm from Wrangler Pointe, maybe you've heard of me, I'm the Ringleader." I winked at him. "No way to prove it. They never caught him." one of the guys spoke up. "The Ringleader, worked with two other people Nash Bond and Garth Strauss. All have gotten away with some of the biggest pranks done in the state if Alabama. One being the broadcast interruption of the governor's address, which was replaced with a film from on the ground during WWII." I said. "She's the real deal." Nash said.

The two mechanics looked at him in shock. "You're Nash Bond." one said. "Well, yeah." Nash ran his hands through his hair. "That means, that she's---" he trailed off. "Yup." Nash said, with a wide grin. "Gents you're looking at the dark shadow know was the Ringleader of Wrangler Pointe."

"Well, I'm Jenkins." the white haired old man said. "Some of the funniest shit to ever happen in Alabama, the three of you did." He had a husky laugh, and a broad smile. "This here is my grandson, Diesel." he said patting the younger man on the shoulder. "I don't believe it. And I don't believe that you're a mechanic either." Diesel laughed. The pair left soon after and we just waited for the racers and for the race to start

200 laps later

Scott had won the race and dedicated his win like always to us, his friends, which we always through was great.

********************************************************************

Hey y'all

Sorry it's been so long. :'( Right now I'm on spring break in Mississppi. I promise to update as soon as I get home.

Love you guys!!!!!