Days in the life of Maverick Jameason

*** 3 months later***

I was getting back into the sway of things back home. I had breakfast with my family and told them about my trip. They hung on every word.

I walked to school, and decided to at least try to forget about Baltimore and Scott. It was working, and everything was going good. 

"Hey, Mav!" Dwayne yelled from behind me. 

"Oh! Hi." I said. He looked nice today, in all black. 

"So how was your trip?" he asked. 

"It was okay. Nothing exciting." I told him. Nothing exciting? Scott Stryker was definitely more than exiting, alone.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the game with me on Friday?" he asked. 

"I guess that would be fun." I said. He started to blush, the boy who I've always known was blushing over me!

Before I knew it, he was far ahead of me. That was the boy I knew, always late for something.

<><><><><>

I made it a whole two weeks, without thinking about Stryker. Crap! So, its Friday, and Dwayne is taking me to the football game. I decided to wear, a midnight blue shirt, with my black skinnies, and my leather jacket.

"I don't like Dwayne." Nico said. 

"Me either." Gunner agreed. Those two never agree on anything. 

"The way you talked about, that Stryker guy was like you really liked him." Gunner added. 

"Yeah!" Rocket said. 

"Guys, I'm not saying that I don't like Stryker, I'm just going to hang out with Dwayne. It's a football game, not a date." I assured them.

I met Dwayne at the game. He was in some blue jeans and a plaid shirt, he looked decent. I looked around at the cars parked at the game, not one looked familiar. We watched the game, with anxiety and excitement. At half time, Dwayne went to get us drinks. When the greatest thing happened, I spotted four goofs; Jaz, Grayson, Carr and Fonzie. Dwayne wasn't the most entertaining partner, to say the least. So, when I saw them I almost lost my mind.

"There she is!" Jaz said, as the boys sat around me. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. 

"We missed you!" Fonzie said putting his head on my shoulder. 

"I missed you guys too." I told them, followed by them 'Awwing' in unison.

We made jokes, and poked fun at one another until, the unnerving question, "Who's that guy you were with?" Carr asked. 

"You just made this awkward, Carr!" Fonzie complained. 

"No, he's just an old friend. Like diapers, old friend." I said. 

"Who are these guys, Mav?" Dwayne asked. I didn't even notice him come up. 

"Friends!" Grayson said. 

"He brought drinks!" Fonzie said taking both cups from him. 

"Friends? Mav, doesn't have friends like you." Dwayne spoke up.

"Like who?" Fonzie said seriously. I knew these guys as big teddy bears, but now they all looked like hungry wolves. 

"Criminals!" He yelled, drawing the attention of people around. 

"Would you all calm down! People are starting to stare." I said trying to hide between, Jaz and Fonzie. 

"There's always something to stare at with you." a familiar voice said, a voice I could never forget. The voice of Scott Stryker!