Fighter nerd

Me and my boys slept like wolves, in a cluster. 

"Breakfast!" my mom yelled. Nico and Gunner ran down the stairs, while me and Rocket took the poles. 

"We're gonna beat you." I yelled. 

"No way." Nico tackled me. 

"Ah! Rocket run." I yelled. I don't think my parents thought four kids would be, this bad. 

"Alright all of you calm down and eat your breakfast." mom said passing out plates. 

"I leave with Hayley in a couple of days remember, mom." I said taking my plate. 

"Yes, I do. Did you tell the boys?" she asked. I sat down at the table. 

"I'm leaving in a couple days." I said and my little brothers just stared at me. 

"Where are you going, Mavy?" Rocket asked. 

"To Baltimore with Hayley." I said putting some pancakes on my plate. 

"How long are you going to be gone? Nico likes to think he's the boss if your gone too long." Gunner said. 

"It's only for a week and a half." I told him. 

"So, why are you going?" Nico asked. He always asked the questions I hated to answer. 

"We're going to a birthday party for her cousin." I said. Their faces lit up, they were already hatching some plan to come with me. 

"You boys are going to stay here and wait for your sister to come back, you're not going with her." mom declared. They frowned in defeat.

We got dressed and I walked the boys to the bus stop, before walking to school. 

"Wait up!" Dwayne yelled. 

"You could just buy a car." I said. 

"Why don't you?" he nudged me. 

"I did. It's healthier to walk." I said nudging him back. 

"Wayne! What are you doing, man?" someone yelled. "Come get in." 

"I have to go." he said. 

"Go, I'll talk to you later." I said pushing my hair out of my face. 

"You weren't hanging out with the nerd girl were you, man?" they said loudly. 

"She's an old friend." I heard Dwayne say. I'm glad her still considers me a friend, since he's captain of the wrestling team, now. 

"Would you just drive." Dwayne yelled. Then, they sped off in a black Silverado. 

"Mav! Come on." Hayley yelled from a convertible. 

"I'm fine Hayley." I said waving her off. the car stopped. 

"Your mom told me to find you." she said my eyes widened.

"What's going on?" I asked nearly coming to tears. 

"It's Rocket." she said.

 "Let's go." I said and jumped behind the wheel of the car. I drove like lightning. We got to the boy's school, where Nico and Gunner were waiting for me. 

"These kids who don't even go here," Nico started. 

"They were picking with him." Gunner continued. 

"Did they hurt him?" I asked. Nico and Gunner exchanged a series of looks. 

"Guys?" I begged. 

"He's hurt." Gunner finally said. 

"Let's go." Nico said leading the way.

"Where are the kids who did this to him?" I asked angrily. 

"They're in the principal's office." Gunner said. 

"Gunner, make sure they stay there." I said. He nodded and disbanded from the group. Nico lead us to the nurse's office. 

"He's in there." Nico said opening the door. He and Hayley stayed outside. 

"Sweetie, you have to leave." the nurse told me. I was on the verge of crying. 

"Please j-just let me see him." I cried. 

"Maverick!" I heard Rocket cry. 

"He's over here." the nurse said, leading me to him. 

"Hey, what happened?" I asked sitting on the bed next to him. 

"There were these High Schoolers, and they pushed me around. Nico and Gunner tried their best but they kind of got beat up too." he coughed. 

"He's got a few bruised ribs and a broken arm." the nurse said. 

"But he'll be fine." she smiled. 

"I'll be fine Mavy." he said. 

"I know." I hugged him, "I know, Rocky." A single tear streamed down my face. "Dad's coming to get you in a little bit, ok." I told him before I left. 

"Okay." he said with a smile.

"Where's the office?" I asked Nico who lead me there without argument. We arrived quickly. 

"I need to speak with the principal." I told the secretary. 

"Are you, Ms. Jameason?" she asked. I nodded. 

"Go right in." I entered the Principal's office to see two boys. 

"Ms. Jameason, how are you?" the principal asked. 

"I could be better knowing that one of my brothers has four bruised ribs and a broken arm." I said angrily. 

"I'm sorry about that, but.." 

"But what, why were they on the bus why were they messing with my little brother?" I cut off the principal. 

"Look," one of the boys spoke up, "I'm really sorry about your brother, and I promise to make sure this never happens again." he said. I looked him up and down. He was muscular, with messy brown hair, and deep brown eyes. 

"Why'd you touch him in the first place?" I yelled. 

"Listen sweetheart, he asked for it, so his sister wouldn't leave. I'm guessing that's you." he yelled back at me. I punched him square in his chest. 

"Don't ever touch him or any of my brothers again." I said sternly. 

"Are we free to go now?" he asked. 

"No, you need to fill out a few papers first." the principal said.

I left the office quickly. "Who does he think he is!" I ranted. 

"Who, the guy who beat up Rocket?" Nico asked. 

"Calm down, Mav." Hayley coaxed. 

"Okay, I'm calm." I took a deep breath, "Nico, you and Gunner get to class. Dad is coming to get Rocket and probably you too, but for now just go to class." I instructed. 

"Okay." Nico said hugging me and walking to class. 

"Later, Mavy." And Gunner shortly followed.

"Mav, let's go. They'll be fine." Hayley said as we walked to her car. "I know their sister." She felt pretty proud of that comment. I might have slightly smirked at it myself. I couldn't go to school that day because I was too worried about the boys, but I called in and told the school what was going on. They understood, and since I was ahead in all of my classes they didn't mind. I even managed to get the week after break off, because me and Hayley will still be in Baltimore.

I went home and slept for a while dreaming or destroying that boys face. I would if I even saw him again.