Seattle

I arrived in Seattle with a bag of clothes and at least a $1000 in cash. I bought a fully furnished apartment in a matter of hours. I walked around the city for a while, to get familiar. I enrolled in Seattle High School. 

I was going to do it right this time. 

*** 6 months later *** 

I had done a whole 360° rotation, I have been on the honor role every marking and all As. 

My 'current' girlfriend, is Marcy Jean. She reminds me so much of Mavy, but she's not the same. I've been going out with Marcy for about two months. She's clingy, and has made join the football team and the hockey team. She buys me pastel colored clothes, which always end up 'going missing'. I burn them four blocks over. 

"Scotty, are you here?" Marcy asked coming to my apartment. She's had a key for two days and loves using it. 

"Be there in a minute." I said. I was writing another letter, I've been writing letters to Maverick, but haven't had the guts to send a single one. We were together for 6 months and it felt like forever. She still is my everything. According to me, we never broke up! 

I came out of my room in a pair of boxers and a random shirt. Marcy doesn't like seeing my body, she won't even hug me for more than a nanosecond. 

"So, I got your groceries. Fruits and vegetables, and some chips." she unpacked a bag. The girl is a health nut, and I almost lost it when she said chips, but of course it wasn't a fried potato, but spinach, kale or whatever, I just knew it was gross. 

"You really need to stop doing that to me." I said, flopping down on the couch. She sat next to me, but not to close. 

"So, it's been three months." she said eagerly. 

"What are you talking about?" I said dryly. She rolled her eyes, 

"We've been together for three months. This is the longest relationship you've ever been in." 

"Marcy, you're wrong, for one. Two, we've been together for two months. Three, I've been in a relationship longer than three months." I told her. She didn't look happy. 

"I really want to know more about you. You came here on the third week of school. No one knows anything about you, why?" she asked. 

So I might have been hiding, where I was from or who I really was. 

"You wouldn't believe me." I told her. 

"Just tell me!" she begged. 

"I'm from Baltimore." I said. 

"Come on, you're not from Baltimore. More like Virginia." she laughed. 

"I knew you would never believe me." I said sadly. 

<><><><> 

I had a regular day at school; classes, football practice, now homework. I really hate physics. I decided to take a break, went to the Coney Island around the corner, checked the mail. I was flipping through the mail when some familiar handwriting was on an envelope. 

Baltimore rebels society, 

We miss you man! Especially Mavy. Her and Fonz have started to hangout more, but you know he could never do that to you. Trevor got into another accident and cancelled the race. He's had two this month. 

We're all still in Virginia, in school. Got arrested twice this week, all of us. 

Sincerely yours, Secretary Rewind 

Postscript. Mavy is getting worse. She bought a black Camaro and a half dead Harley, and revived them both. You really killed her. Rocket blames you for her changed. 

Baltimore rebels society, is our motorcycle gang. We don't really use the name just used the symbol Jaz made, a skull and crossbones, with handcuffs inside a reef. It's great! 

I went back to my apartment and unlocked a large black box. Marcy doesn't know about this. Inside, my biker jacket, gloves, and a picture of me and Maverick from Alejandro's party. She was so beautiful! I put the letter in the box, locked it, and slid it under my bed again. 

I started writing a new letter, only this time it wouldn't be to Mavy, but to the guys. 

Baltimore rebels society, 

I regret to inform you that, I will not be renewing my membership. Instead, I have decided to go on to new endeavors. As from Ms. Jameason, she is no longer of my concern. 

So in all this is your commander, resigning. 

Captain Snorlax 

PostScript. Inform Ms. Jameason that I will always love her. 

Okay, so maybe we made these names when we were younger, but still I can't cut them out. Maybe I should try? 

I sent the letter, my final transmission to the Baltimore Rebels Society.