Getting back to my roots

"You need to come to class." Marcy lectured me. I haven't been my 'Seattle' self lately. I bought a new motorcycle, a new car, have been skipping school, getting in trouble, which may not be the best thing to do if you're dating the D.A.'s daughter.

"Look Marcy, I can take care of myself. I have forever. Besides we graduate in two days, then I'm gone." I said to her. 

 She was confused, "You leaving where? You don't go anywhere without me!" I laughed,  I thought she was joking, she was serious, as serious as a heart attack. 

"I'm going with you!" she demanded. 

"Fine, but I think you'll regret it." I said returning to pack my things.

****Graduation day*****

I couldn't believe that I was graduating from high school. The principal was calling names for diplomas, "... Adrian Spinkter, Donald Spilt, Veronica Strap, ..." then they called my name, 

"Scott Stryker."

 I walked across the stage and couldn't care less about the world until, I realized looking out into the crowd, no one was there for me. Not one person knew the real me. I've got to go home, tonight. She my girl, the girl of my dreams. I miss her smell of hot metal and motor oil.

"So, son what school do you plan on going to?" Marcy's dad asked me. 

"I'm not sure, probably gonna take a year off, or just the summer." I said. I really didn't like this guy. 

"Well, your future is very important..." 

"Daddy, your boring him.
Besides, we're going on a trip with some friends before school starts." Marcy interrupted. Thank God!

Me and Marcy, packed our stuff in my car which I planned to give to the guys when I see those crazy fools again. We pulled off late that night, to the airport. We boarded the plane with no problem and landed safely in Baltimore. I could smell the sweet, burning fumes of home.  

"There's no place like home." I said grabbing our bags. 

"I got you a cab. I'll meet you there, and don't do anything dumb." I told her walking out to a yellow cab.

"Is this really safe?" she asked. I just glared at her. She leaned in to kiss me but I pulled back. I have never kissed this girl, and I never will. 

"Alright, fine." she got in the cab and it drove off.

I sent out a massive text message: THE PROTICAL SON HAS RETURNED!!

Letting everyone know that I was back, and was proud about it.  I sent Marcy to Mav's because I knew the guys would be there. I swung by my old homes to see it still intact, and my car and motorcycle in the garage. Thank you Master Lock, Co. I got a text from Grayson, Carr, Jaz and Fonzo, even my dad, but not Mavy. She should hate me, but I hope she doesn't.

I threw my stuff in that car and headed toward Virginia, to do something I've been thinking about for a long time.