One night

After the race we partied like no tomorrow. Party jumped almost every party from here Baltimore and back. Scott seemed to really enjoyed himself. I was happy he was back.

"Come dance!" Hayley pressured me. 

"She's scared she'll have fun!" some random guy said.

 "I'll take care of you sweets." he said. 

"I'm fine, I'll just sit here." I said, trying to yell over the blaring music. 

"Come on, I won't bite." he said pulling me out of my seat. 

"Unless you ask." he winked at me. He commenced to pulling me to the middle of the dance floor. Just as he stepped on the floor, the crowd split, revealing a group of boys. 

My boys and Hayley of course, "Hey!" Fonzo yelled. Carr signaled the DJ to turn down the music. 

"She's not much of a dancer." Scott said. 

"I don't want her to dance." the guy said squeezing my wrist. 

"You know beautiful, these guys really are cramping my style. Mind if we get out of here?" he asked me. I shook my head violently, NO!

They walked through the parted crowd, which resumed is original dry orgy. 

"Let's get out of here." he pulled me behind him like a rag doll. 

"Where do think your going?" the bouncer asked him. 

"Stryker! I don't think he knows who's girl she is." he said. 

"Well thanks, Joe. See to it he does." Scott said from behind me. 

"You're not going to beat him up!" I said. 

"No, Joe is." Scott laughed. "It's a joke, he just never gets back into this club." Relief!

We rejoined our friends, and decided to head home. It was 3 A.M. and I knew my parents would be cool. We went to Hayley's instead. 

"Hayley!" her mom said. 

"Yeah, mom?" Carr said. Hayley's mom stormed into the kitchen angry and ready to explode. "Hi Maverick." she said. "Who are your friends?" she asked, meaning the guys.

 "Well, there's Scott-my boyfriend-, Carr, Grayson, Fonzo, and Jaz." I said.

"Haley you should be more like your friend here, she's smart, pretty, and has a handsome boyfriend. And there's you, just little Miss. Popular." her mom said to her.

 "She's beautiful, and smart, and funny. She's a great girl." Jaz said. 

"You fucked her?" her mom asked. 

Jaz looked confused, "No, she's a wonderful girl." he said. 

"What makes you say that?" she asked him. 

"I know what it's like, being counted out. Being treated like shit, it's no way to be raised." Jaz said firmly.

"Well you turned out pretty good didn't you." her mom laughed picking up a bottle of Gin. Haley's mom is a heavy alcoholic, and I was the only one who knew until now. 

"We should just go!" Haley teared up. 

"No! We're all staying here." Stryker said. 

"We're more than friends, we're family." Carr hugged her.

That night, me, Hayley, Marcy, Scott, Jaz, Grayson, Fonzo and Carr stayed at Haley's and slept the night and probably most of the day away.