Baltimore or bust

"Wake up! Wake up!" Hayley yelled at me. I opened one eye, to glance over at the clock. 

"It's five in the morning." I wined.

 "Well, if we're going to make Baltimore by day break we need to get moving." she said. I crawled out of bed. I showered and put on some sweatpants and a big shirt. 

"What are you wearing?" Hayley gaped at me. 

"Clothes?" I was definitely confused. 

"This won't do. I set some clothes out for you." she said before prancing off. She put out a pair of shorts, my ankle boots, and a black tank top. I put it in my bag but it was missing something. I put a plaid shirt with it, leaving it to change into later. My family was waiting for me downstairs. 

"Be safe. Don't' get into trouble." my parents said, hugging me. 

"Don't go Mavy." Rocket hugged me. 

"I'll be fine." I told him. 

"What about us?" Nico and Gunner joined us. 

"You'll all be fine. Watch out for mom and dad, and stay out of trouble." I told them. They all nodded and walked me to the Jeep. 

"When I get back, we'll go out for pancakes." I said, which made them light up. "We'll miss you." they said. "I'll miss you too." I said pulling out of the drive way.

***3 hours later***

"Yes, mom. I'll call as soon as we check in." Hayley was on the phone with her mom for about an hour saying the same thing. "Okay bye." she hung up the phone. 

"So, where are we staying?" I asked. 

"I need to call Alejandro to see. Thanks for reminding me." She said before dialing him, and she was gone again. I knew this was going to be a long trip, when all of a sudden my phone rang. I had to put it on speaker, because I didn't trust Hayley's driving sometimes and it was the safest thing to do.

"Hello" I said. 

"Mavy!" who else would call me, Nico, Gunner and Rocket yelled my name through the phone. I laughed at how excited they sounded. 

"How's your trip?" Nico asked, followed by Gunner, "Is it fun?" 

"Are you on your way back?" Rocket wondered. 

"We haven't even gotten there yet, but I'll call as soon as something exciting happens." I told them. Of course it sparked their interest so they were silent for a while before, "Okay!" which they said in unison. 

"Bye." they said just before hanging up the phone. 

"Bye, boys." I whispered looking at my phone's, now black screen. 

"Al, calm down." Hayley yelled. 

"We'll be there in a half hour." she said. 

"I know where it is, now go. We'll meet you there." she said hanging up the phone. 

"Change of plans." she started, "We're meeting Alejandro and his friend at the police station." she said. I rolled my eyes, "Fine." I said continuing to drive to the hotel.

*****

At the hotel, we checked in and unloaded the Jeep. The room was huge, and Hayley insisted we get separate adjoined rooms. 

"You ready, We have to meet them at the police station." she said, "Wear something hot." she added. 'Hot' isn't really my style, but I guess anything was better than, sweatpants. I put one the clothes she laid out and the plaid shirt I added to it. 

"She can be cute." Hayley said when I met her in the hotel lobby.

We drove to the police station, well Hayley did because she knew the city better than me. We parked and walked over to the police station. Alejandro was waiting for us outside, "Hey Hayley, Maverick thanks for meeting me here." he said. 

"No problem, what's up?" Hayley asked as we headed into the police station. We walked back to the holding cells, where we stopped at one holding the same messy haired, boy who beat up Rocket. 

"Ladies, meet Baltimore's own Scott Stryker." Alejandro said. I can't believe that he knew this guy. I was infuriated, and left the station as quickly as possible. Not looking back.