One Trip, More questions

I walked out the door, fueled with the determination to find out about my father. I jumped in my car, and realized that I had no idea, where I was going.

 I went back toward the door, where Mavy met me, "Need directions?" she asked. 

I looked at her sadly, "Yes. Would you please." I was defeated, and not how I wanted to be. 

"Gladly, but we're taking my car." she said brushing past me toward the black beauty of a car. I pitifully joined her, I climbed into the vehicle. 

"Are you mad at me?" I asked as she pulled out of the driveway. She didn't answer.

...an hour later...

"I'm not angry." she said. 

"Then why are you looking at me like that? Like you're angry?" I asked. So about now we were on the interstate highway and I really didn't see anything that caught my eye outside. 

"I really don't to argue with you about it." she sighed. 

"So you are angry with me, I knew it." I said. WINNER!! okay, maybe not.

"You're bipolar. You know that?" she said turning onto what seemed to be a land version of Alcatraz. "This is it, Virginia State Penitentiary." she said. I looked at the building of deep red brick surrounded in high fences topped in barbed wire rounds.

I caught up to her, just as we entered. 

"Ms. Jameason, how have you been?" a short bald man said, with a wide smile. 

"I'm good. How's Janine?" she asked him. 

"Still in the psychiatric ward, I'm afraid." he said sadly. 

"But what brings you here? Please come into my office." he lead us to a mahogany trim room, with puke yellow walls. He sat in a chair behind his large desk. 

"I need to see a prisoner, Allen. Where's Barney?" she said. 

"You never came here for me. Only him." he pouted. 

"Mavy, what's going on?" I asked her. We left the room and headed to a larger one, where a slender man sat in a chair and a brunette on his desk. 

"Barney Steiner! I really would think you had more class." Mavy said sitting in one of the chair adjacent to the desk.

"MJ, how's the family?" he asked as the brunette shuffled out of the room. 

"Good and growing." she said with a smile. 

"Word in the air is that you need to see an inmate? Which one?" He asked her.

"His name is Daniel Stryker, my father." I spoke up. 

Barney looked at me puzzled, "Bodyguard?" he asked. 

"Something like that." Mavy winked at me. Woah! That's new! "We need to see Davy Jones!" she demanded. 

"Alright, Warren should be on duty. I'll get him to escort you two." he said picking up the phone.

¤¤¤¤

A tall muscular man in blue arrived. He escorted us through a number of checkpoints and I had to sign a number of papers. 

Eventually, the man spoke "Don't be too alarmed. Davy Jones hasn't had any visitors since his first week here. A woman and a small boy came mostly, then they just stopped." he informed us. 

"Did you know the woman or the boy? Did he ever mention them?" I asked, chomping at the bit. 

"He didn't say much. Just that the boy didn't end up like him." he said.