Sweet home Alabama

So with being home for the last couple weeks, things have been fun. I got my old job at the bar, Nash and Garth have helped me with a little mischeif around town, and with the annual Christmas festival coming up, I coudn't have come home at a better time. 

****

"Where you been at girly? It's been dull around this place without you." the town drunk, Gregory Manslow, said slapping my ass. "Well, I can't say I missed you." I said, "Oh and keep your hands off me." I kicked his chair from under him. "Manslow, I told you to stop playing with my lady." Garth said, helping him off of the floor. "She sure is pretty." Manslow drooled. "Alright Handsy Mansy, time for you to go." I said wiping down the bar. "I'll take you home." Garth said walking out with him. I could barely here the TV, when the news reporter said something about a Nascar race. "Turn that up would you." I yelled. 

"And just in a few short weeks the Nascar qualifier will be held right here in Watagu County. The same weekend as our annual Christmas Festival."  

"Holy shit!" I said, "Marty, call Jen I got to go." I ran out of the bar. I ran to my car, which was a couple block away. I dialed Haley, she answered immediatley. "Did he make the team race?" I asked as soon as she answered. "Scott wasn't going to miss that race for his life. Trevor was there, he was asking about you. Scott beat his face in, as did the rest of the guys. Would you call your brothers they keep calling me." she said. "Did he win? Did he make it to the qualifier?" I asked her. "You know that Becky keeps trying to talk to him, he almost lost his mind, he really misses you." she ignored me. "HALEY!" I yelled through the phone. "Ouch! Yes, he made the team and the qualifier. It's in this weird little place in Alabama. Watuga, Tortuga, I don't know." she said. "We're all going. Well me, Marcy and the guys of course, race day isn't the same without you, you know." she said. "I have a feeling that we'll be seeing each other soon." I said. "I can't wait. . . Jazzy, Jazzzy, sorry I have to go." she giggled, and laughed before hanging up. I sat back in the driver's seat of my car. 

~~~~

"I really wish you would break-up with him, so that this doesn't have to be a secret." Nash said when I walked passed the kitchen. "Damn! I realy think you shouldn't be so quiet." I said. "Sunshine, where you been?" Garth came downstairs. "Garfield, can we talk?" I asked. "Sure." he sat on the couch. I passed infront of him. "Garth, you know how I left, right." I said. He just nodded. "Garth, that was us breaking up." I said. He stared at me for a little and then he looked like a sad puppy. "Well then, I guess that I owe Nash thiry bucks." he said standing up and hugging me. "Really?" I pushed him. "You guys were puncking me the whole time?' I said. "I'm slow, not stupid Sunshine." Garth said.