Shot 65

Shravan closed his laptop, after staring at it for hours, without actually doing any work.

He should have listened to what she had to say, he realised once he calmed down.

He knows how much D Love means to her. And if she has decided to sell it to VK out of all the people, there must definitely be a solid reason.

Shravan decided to wind up his work at office and go home to Drishti.

What magic has she done over him, that he couldn't even stay angry at her, he wondered with a soft smile.

"Anjali, hold all my calls for the day. I won't be available for the rest of the weekend" Shravan told the receptionist on his way out.

****

Shravan stared at the empty penthouse suite and sighed.

Did she pack her bags and go to Siddhu's house in anger, he wondered.

She always has a way of making herself the injured party and him the offender, Shravan thought with a chuckle.

He took his phone to dial her number, when he noticed a note placed on the coffee table.

It reminded him of the first note they exchanged. During the initial days of their marriage, where he thought Drishti went missing.

That's the first moment he realised that a part of him has stared caring for her.

He opened the noted and read what she has written in it.

'Searching for me? Find me at my favourite place.
Love
Drishti '

Shravan smiled.

She knew.

She knew he would come back for her.

Shravan took out his phone and called his pilot to get the chopper ready.

He is going to D Love.

To his home. Drishti.

He made a small detour and collected something before resuming his way to the helipad.

****

As soon as he stepped down the chopper, Shravan breathed in the fresh air.

It was almost nightfall and the stars are getting visible.

He could see the clear sky, totally free from the city pollution.

He could now understand what would have happened if a resort construction had begun.

This peace would have distrupted.

It would have ruined the place.

"Shravan Maheswari?" He heard a woman ask and he looked at her in surprise.

"You know me?" Shravan asked

"Ofcourse. You married our child. How can we not know you" the older woman said with a bright smile

"Oh...." Shravan didn't know what to say

"She said that you would come tonight. Come, I will show you the way to the cottage" the woman said and escorted him to the said cottage.

All along the walk, she told tales of how Vihaan Malhotra had bought the island from the Khodas. And how worried they were to welcome the new owner. And how much the Malhotra family means to them now.

And that Drishti and Damini Malhotras are the apples of their eyes.

"There you go. She is in" the woman waved him a goodbye and left.