2- A Discussion

Espresso looks at Wizard "Could we go inside and discuss the magic issue?"

Wizard nods. Madeleine smiles "I would like to join you both!"

"No."

They both look at Espresso. Madeleine stops smiling. "No?"

"Don't you have cookies to protect? Maybe there's someone who requires your assistance."

Madeleine smiles again. "Then I shall go assist them! Farewell, friends!"

He waves as he runs off. Espresso sighs, then walks over to his door. "Shall we discuss the issue now?"

Wizard nods and follows him inside. He looks around the room. Espresso usually doesn't let people into his house.

Espresso puts the donuts on the table, then picks up the mug and refills it with fresh coffee.

He grabs a chair and pulls it near his armchair. "You may have a seat. Would you like coffee?"

"No, I'm not thirsty." Wizard says, sitting in the chair. Espresso sips his coffee before sitting in his armchair.

Wizard asks "So, what is your problem exactly?"

Espresso puts down his mug. "It's Madeleine. Everywhere I go, he appears. The likelihood of it being coincidental is very low at this point."

"How is this a magic issue?"

"He follows me like a curse! Plus, there's always trouble with him around. He's a walking disaster magnet, and he constantly tries to stay near me."

"Again, not much of a magic issue. Have you tried talking to him?"

"If I ask him to leave me alone, he does so for a day at most. He pesters me again the next day. You saw him choke on a donut despite me warning him. He has horrible luck."

Wizard cookie shifts in his seat uncomfortably. "Espresso cookie, this isn't a magic issue. You should talk to someone else about this."

"What?"

"This sounds like a friendship issue."

Espresso takes off his glasses, covering his eyes with his hand. "We are not friends."

"Well, I wish I could help, but this isn't something I can help with."

Espresso sighs. "Thank you for talking to me. Please don't tell anyone about this.."

Wizard stands up. "I can keep this a secret."

"But it doesn't mean I will. GingerBrave and Strawberry need to be aware of this."

Espresso stands up, putting his glasses back on. "Allow me to get the door for you."

Espresso walks over to the door, setting the cup on a table on the way. He opens it, and Wizard leaves, waving as he walks away.

Espresso waves back, then closes the door.

He sighs, then walks over to the table where the experiment is set up.