56- A Trick!

So, I had chapters 56-61 drafted, but I reread them and they just threw the pacing in a direction I didn't like.

This is the new version of chapter 56, and it'll take some time to get extra chapters in place, so for a while I'll probably be posting as I'm writing.

Also I didn't do much editing so apologies for mistakes this was all written over the course of four hours starting in the middle of the night

don't worry, I do get the right amount of sleep, just during the day (it's summer currently so it's fine)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark Enchantress growls, "Throw them in the dungeon!"

Espresso dispels the blindness, then grabs Madeleine again.

Madeleine kicks him, knocking him to the ground.

Vanilla Cupcake gets past the other cake monsters, death glaring Pomegranate.

Poison Mushroom throws spores at Vanilla Cupcake, "Leave.. Pomegranate.. alone!"

Vanilla Cupcake coughs, stumbling backwards.

He collapses. A cake monster grabs Vanilla Cupcake's leg, pulling him away.

Pastry shoots the monster.

Dark Enchantress watches the chaos unfold, then rolls her eyes, "Do I have to do everything myself?"

She casts a spell, freezing all the intruding cookies. She pulls them all to the center of the room, "You all will pay for this annoyance."

She gives Madeleine to Espresso, "Go, enjoy yourself before we begin the first phase of our plan."

Espresso nods, "Thank you."

He turns and walks down the hallway. Madeleine is kicking and screaming.

Espresso glances down at him.

"Let Madeleine go!"

Espresso shakes his head, 'No. That would be stupid.'

"You're stupid."

'Stop being so childish, you are a dying figment of my imagination.'

"Imagination?! I-"

Espresso growls, "Shut up!"

Madeleine stops screaming and glares at him, "Why should I?!"

"I ordered you to."

"You are not in charge of me!"

"I am."

"Put me down!"

Espresso glares at him, "You are in no position to make orders around here."

Madeleine shivers, going quiet.

Espresso smiles. He locks his bedroom door behind himself. He sets Madeleine down, "Madeleine, can you listen to me?"

Madeleine backs away, "What are you-"