23- Definitely Not A Date

Madeleine sets a fresh cup of coffee in front of Espresso, then sits next to him.

Espresso stops eating. "There. I ate."

"You should eat more than that."

Espresso crosses his arms. "You aren't eating."

Madeleine smiles, then pulls more food out of the box. "I came prepared!"

Espresso leans away. "Of course he did."

Madeleine starts eating. Espresso drinks the coffee, but doesn't eat any food.

Unfortunately for him, Madeleine noticed.

Madeleine picks up Espresso's fork. "I will feed you myself if necessary."

Espresso looks away.

Madeleine sighs, then stabs some food with the fork. He gently grabs Espresso's chin and turns him so they're looking at each other.

He holds up the fork. "Will you eat this on your own, or must I feed you?"

Espresso grabs the fork, so Madeleine lets go of his face.

Espresso eats the food, trying to hide his face.

Madeleine happily eats his food, when a random thought decides it wants to exist.

"This is like a date."

As soon as Madeleine processes it, he nearly chokes on his food.

Espresso quickly turns to help him, but Madeleine holds up his hand, still coughing.

It doesn't take long for the coughing to stop.

Madeleine glances at Espresso, then turns to hide his face.

More thoughts similar to the date one start to show up and Madeleine doesn't know how to handle it.

Espresso sets his fork down. "Madeleine, are you alright?"

Madeleine stands up. "Yes I am perfectly fine I forgot I have to go do a thing at a place!"

"What do you have to do?"

Madeleine slowly moves closer to the door. "I do not remember the specific details of the thing but it is definitely real and not made up!"

"Madeleine, why are you making up excuses to leave?"

"It is a very real thing I must do!"

"Why are you blushing??"

"I must go!" He turns and runs out of the house, leaving Espresso very confused.

Madeleine is running home as fast as he can.

People say hi to him, but he doesn't notice.

He trips and falls face first into a snowdrift. He gets up and shakes the snow off.

Snow Sugar walks over. "Are you ok? Your face is very red."