16- Blizzard

*+*A few hours later*+*

The sun is starting to rise, however, the clouds blanketing the sky keep it hidden.

Espresso looks at the clock on Madeleine's wall. "How has he convinced me to stay this long??"

Madeleine rests his head on Espresso's shoulder, quietly humming.

Espresso finishes the last of his coffee before setting the cup down on the table. "I should go."

"But Espresso, the sun is not up yet."

"It must be cloudy. Look at the time."

Madeleine glances at the clock. "Oh.. Please stay longer?"

Espresso gently pushes him off. "No, I've fallen far enough behind with my experiments already."

Madeleine pouts, but Espresso is already waking to the door.

He gets up. "Wait, I should escort you home!"

Espresso grabs the door handle "Absolutely not!"

Madeleine runs over to him. "But I-"

"No! I may care about you, but I need a break from you! You can be so tiring to deal with!"

"But.."

"Madeleine, I said no." He opens the door, and a gust of cold wind hits him in the face. It doesn't bother him though.

Madeleine shivers. "There's a blizzard? You sh-"

"No. I will be fine. You know that I generate enough body heat."

"Ess-"

Espresso walks into the snow, slamming the door shut behind him. He crosses his arms while trudging through the snow to reach his house.

The snow melts around him.

Madeleine is silently staring at the door. He quietly says to himself "I.. I just want to help..."

He looks down, then turns to clean up any mess left behind. He sees Espresso's boots next to the couch.

"That's right! He kicked them off earlier to be more comfortable! Wait.."

Madeleine walks over and picks them up, then looks at the door.

"He left without shoes."

Madeleine quickly pulls on his own boots, then grabs his winter cloak. He clips it on, flicks the hood up, then turns off his lights.

He takes a step outside. The winds are harsher than he initially thought.

He looks down at the boots he's holding, then the faint path left in the snow. It's filling up, but it's still there.

Madeleine pulls his door shut, then tightly holds his cloak closed with one hand while walking.

The winds pick up, harsher than before. He struggles much more than Espresso did.