28- Dreaming of Memories

*+*It's nighttime*+*

Madeleine yawns, leaning on Espresso. "Sleep..?"

Espresso looks at the clock. "How did you- Why are you still here?!"

"I would like to sleep."

Espresso groans, but helps Madeleine get to the couch. Madeleine falls asleep a few seconds after Espresso tucks him in.

Espresso grabs a book, then finds a comfortable part of floor to sit on.

Madeleine mumbles stuff in his sleep, but it's too quiet for Espresso to understand.

Madeleine rolls over so he's facing the back of the couch.

(headcannoned backstory stuff? hell yeah)

He looks at the book he's holding. He's borrowing it from Espresso. Well, Espresso doesnt know he's borrowing it.

It's Espresso's notes as he started experimenting with Coffee magic.

He ties his hair up in a ponytail. It reaches the lower half of his back.

He's sitting in the yard of his old home.

He was younger when this happened. Current Madeleine watches the memory unfold, unable to do anything about it.

Younger Madeleine opens the book, reading Espresso's somewhat messy handwriting. Espresso never intended for someone other than himself to read it.

Younger Madeleine stops on a certain page, then picks up the small bag of coffee beans that was sitting next to him.

He sets the open book in front of himself, then picks out a few coffee beans.

He sets the bag down again.

Current Madeleine is trying everything he can to look away or change the dream, but he can't move.

He did his best to forget this for a reason. He can't remember the reason, but he knows there was one.

Younger Madeleine rereads the spell a few times. It's a very basic spell.

Then he tries to do it.

It works for a few seconds, and he's happy, until his head starts hurting.

The spell stops working.

The dream skips ahead a few minutes.

Young Madeleine is laying on the ground. The headache is gone now, but his hands hurt.

He hears people running over, so he quickly sits up and hides Espresso's book.

He looks up and sees two of the maids, as well as his mother.

She asks "Madeleine, were you trying to do a different type of magic?"