53- Mocha's Magic

(brief a/n)

Y'know I forget that people like Venti actually exist. But apparently one of them reads this story and is supremely offended by everyone's reaction to Venti.

I think it's both funny and sad. Funny how upset they are and sad that people like Venti actually exist.

Anyways, enjoy Mocha learning about her magic, and some Madeleine angst later in the chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Espresso looks at her. "What?"

"Venti always made fun of me because my magic is weak. She mainly focused on my light magic capabilities, but I guess even the other magic types don't work either..."

"Coffee magic is quite difficult. The fact that you have gotten this far being self taught is impressive."

Mocha's hands are shaking slightly. "But what if this is where it stops? What if I can't do more?"

Espresso gently rests his hand on her shoulder. "It could be something you can work through. I know I had blocks like this before. Even if this is where it caps, there are still plenty of spells you can do."

Mocha hides her face in her hands. "I want to do more than this! I should be able to do more than this!! The awful parents sucked, but they were both powerful! And Venti is powerful!"

A few of the coffee beans float slightly above the ground.

Mocha yells "It's not fair!!"

The floating coffee beans are reduced to grounds.

Espresso mumbles "How did you do that?"

She moves her hands slightly and looks up at him. "Do what?"

"You turned those coffee beans to grounds without trying."

"Oh, I've always been able to do that. Venti would make me upset on purpose just to watch it happen."

"But that's such a difficult thing to do!"

She stares at him. "What??"

"It took me years to learn how to do that, and even then it wasn't anywhere near the quality you've produced."

Mocha looks at the grounds. "Can.. Can Coffee mages move the grounds with magic?"

"With great difficulty. Coffee magic centers on whole beans."

Mocha stares at the grounds. "It's not that hard though?"

Espresso moves his hand off her shoulder. "What?"

Mocha holds out her hand, and the grounds levitate. They collect in her palm, and she looks at Espresso. "That. It's easy for me to do."

Espresso looks at the spell. "Hmm.. Try the spell, but use coffee grounds instead."

Mocha separates part of the grounds, enough to be the equivalent of one bean, then does the spell with those.

It works.

Mocha stares at her hands.

"I did it? I did it! I did the spell! It worked!"