17- Madeleine is Sick

*+*close to 25 minutes later*+*

Espresso puts the cloak away, then kicks off his boots.

He walks over, then unlocks the door. When he opens it, he sees Madeleine curled up on the couch.

He quietly walks over. "Madeleine?"

Madeleine looks up at him. "You came back!"

"Obviously. This is my house."

"Oh. That makes more sense."

Madeleine stares off into space for a minute.

Espresso taps his shoulder, and he snaps back to reality. "Oh, hi Espresso!"

He sits up. Espresso sits next to him. "I got some food for you."

"Thank you!"

"I haven't even given.. Nevermind." He hands the food to Madeleine, who happily starts eating.

Espresso grabs the hairbrush from last time. "Your hair is a mess."

"I know."

"Do you have a ribbon I can tie it up with?"

Madeleine reaches into his pocket and pulls out a long, blue ribbon. The color matches his cape.

Espresso takes it, then gently grabs some of his hair to start brushing. Madeleine tightly grabs his wrist.

Espresso lets go of the hair. "Ow-"

Madeleine glares at him, then realizes it's Espresso and stops. "Oh, sorry. You can brush my hair."

He lets go of Espresso's wrist and goes back to eating like nothing happened.

Espresso is still cold. "What just happened?"

After a bit, Madeleine looks at him. "Espresso?"

"Huh?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I- I'm fine. Everything's fine I just.. got lost in thought."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Madeleine looks concerned, but starts eating the food again.

Espresso hesitantly grabs some of Madeleine's hair, but nothing happens this time.

He starts brushing it.

When Madeleine finishes the food, he sets the bowl on the floor, then sits the way he was before.

Espresso gathers most of Madeleine's hair up, then ties it in a ponytail.

Espresso puts away the hairbrush, but before he can get up, Madeleine leans on him.

"Madeleine, please stop leaning on me."