49- Rescue Mission

*+*Two hours later*+*

Madeleine walks inside, setting the groceries on the counter. "Espresso! Mocha! I got food!"

He puts some of it away, but stops. The house is silent.

He puts down the jar he was holding. "Mocha? Espresso?"

No response. He starts checking every room. When he opens Mocha's door, he finds her tied to her desk chair, passed out.

He runs over and unties the ropes. Mocha groans, but doesn't open her eyes.

Madeleine is extremely concerned. "Mocha! Wake up!"

She sits up, awake. "Huh?! Dad?? Did I pass out in my chair?"

"You were tied to the chair. We need to find Espresso."

Mocha gets up, and they start checking the other rooms.

Madeleine opens the door to Espresso's lab.

On the floor, next to Espresso's glasses and the shattered cup, is a small paper. Espresso is nowhere to be seen.

Madeleine runs over and picks up the paper, reading it.

I hope you said goodbye to Espresso earlier, because you are NEVER going to see him EVER AGAIN!

I've taken him somewhere that you will never find him.

Madeleine picks up Espresso's glasses, starting to cry.

Madeleine yells "ESPRESSO'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!"

He runs outside, still holding Espresso's glasses. He sees Custard Cookie III and Red Velvet talking to each other, though Custard Cookie III is mostly focused on petting Chiffon.

Red Velvet notices him.

"Madeleine?"

"Espresso he- He's gone! He was kidnapped!"

Custard Cookie III gasps "Who dares to take one of my loyal subjects?!"

"I am fairly certain it was Venti who took him! Red Velvet, is Chiffon good at tracking?"

Red Velvet nods. "Most cake hounds are. Should we get Vanilla Cupcake and Sprinkles?"

"Yes! And we need to hurry!"

Custard Cookie III raises his scepter. "I will go find him and order him to help!"

Red Velvet pets Chiffon. "Can you help Custard Cookie III find Vanilla and Sprinkles?"

Chiffon barks, and follows Custard Cookie III.

It doesn't take long before they see Vanilla, Herb, and Sprinkles. Chiffon is running next to Sprinkles.

The only surprising thing is the fact that Vanilla is carrying Red Velvet's sword.

He hands it to Red Velvet.