25- A Vaguely Familiar Cookie

Madeleine is the first one to move away. "Ouch. You're too hot for me to touch."

Espresso tries to respond, but he can't make any words.

He doesn't know how to handle being kissed on the lips like that.

Madeleine is concerned. "Espresso??"

Espresso quickly stands up "ThankyouMaddieI'mgoinginsidenowbye!!"

"I shall see you later, then!"

Espresso nods. Madeleine goes home, giggling.

Espresso quickly goes inside and falls onto his couch. He puts his glasses on the stand.

He rolls over so he's on his back. He covers his face with his hands. "Why did I say yes?? Why did.. Why am.. Why are emotions???"

He sits up, moving his hand over his mouth. "Why do.."

"Why do I want more?"

He heats up more. He walks to the middle of the room so he doesn't burn up the couch.

He starts pacing around the room. "Why did I enjoy it so much?!"

While Espresso continues to have a gay panic, Madeleine is giggling on his way home.

He suddenly stops walking.

"Why did I like that so much? Do I like Espresso? He's very pretty and smart and pretty- wait, I already said pretty."

He blushes more. "I think.. the answer is yes. I have fallen for Espresso."

He covers his mouth with his hands, whispering. "I love Espresso."

*+*The next day*+*

Vanilla Cupcake and Red Velvet are walking their dogs. Pancake cookie flies by, yelling "NEW COOKIE! IN THE CITY CENTER!!"

Vanilla looks at Red Velvet. "Do you wanna go meet them?"

"I'm worried about them seeing my arm and freaking out."

"We can stay at the edge of the crowd. That way we can easily leave."

Red Velvet thinks for a bit, then nods. "Let's go."

They go to the city center, but stay on the edge of the crowd.

Madeleine and Espresso aren't here.

GingerBrave notices. "Oh, where are Madeleine and Espresso? I know Espresso sometimes misses meeting a new cookie, but Madeleine never does."

Strawberry looks at him. "Should we send someone to check on Madeleine?"

GingerBrave nods.

Raspberry volunteers to do that, then runs to Madeleine's house.

She knocks on the door. Madeleine opens it, in the middle of pulling his boots on. "Y- Yes?"