60- The Wedding

There is a bit of self harm (scratching) towards the end
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*+*The day before the wedding*+*

Madeleine's mother has arrived.

Madeleine runs up to her, "Mother! You made it!"

Canelé hugs him, then moves away, "You better not be marrying that coffee mage."

"Oh, apologies but.. I am marrying Espresso."

Canelé gasps, "You're tainting this family with impure magic?!"

"Mother, please calm down. It isn't that bad."

Canelé crosses her arms and huffs, but doesn't say anything. Madeleine says, "Please don't do anything to ruin my wedding. I know you hate Espresso but I want him to be unharmed and alive."

Canelé has a sparkle in her eye, "Oh, alright. Well, how are the preparations coming along?"

Madeleine leads her over to the area set up for the wedding, "Very well! I'm excited for tomorrow!"

EP walks by, then looks up and sees the two. He runs over and hugs Madeleine, "Maddie, there you are!"

Madeleine hugs back, "I wasn't gone for that long. I had to bring my mother here."

EP tightens his grip slightly, "So?"

Canelé looks at EP, then scoffs and rolls her eyes.

EP kisses Madeleine's cheek before letting go.

Madeleine smiles, making eye contact with EP, "I can't wait for tomorrow."

Madeleine turns to Canelé, "Are you excited as well?"

Canelé nods, "I can't wait either."

The next day, Madeleine and EP have to go get dressed for the wedding.

Madeleine makes sure he has a decorative (but usable) sword strapped to his back.

He styles his hair, tying it up in a ponytail. He even has fancy glasses.

He looks at himself in the mirror while pulling on his gloves, "Espresso, I'm getting you back."

He starts shaking, "What if this goes wrong? No, it'll be fine. I just need to act so Canelé doesn't make me stab him through the chest or something."

Madeleine sighs, covering his face with his hands.

Latte opens the door, "Madeleine?"

He looks at her, "What if she makes me hurt the actual Espresso?"

Latte hugs him, "Don't worry. Vanilla and Red Velvet are going to be close by."

Madeleine leans into the hug, "I'm.. I'm scared..."

"It'll be ok. You only saw the first strike, so anything after that isn't defined."