26- An Encounter

Partway through the tour, they run into Vanilla and Red Velvet. Pastry immediately recognizes Red Velvet's cake claw.

"What is that cookie-cake doing here?!"

Madeleine looks over. "Oh! I do not know. I haven't properly met Vanilla yet either." He nervously laughs again.

Vanilla and Red Velvet look at the two.

Now Pastry realizes that Vanilla's eyes look different.

Red Velvet is very worried now. Vanilla smiles and waves. "Hi!"

Madeleine smiles and waves back. "Hello!"

Madeleine walks over to the two of them. "I haven't been able to properly meet you yet, Vanilla."

Red Velvet stands to the side, keeping an eye on Pastry.

Vanilla fidgets with the end of his sleeves. "Well, uh, I'm Vanilla Cupcake."

"I am Madeleine cookie. You have very interesting eyes!"

Vanilla looks down, no longer smiling. "Oh.. well.. I'm a cake. I was made to look like you. They didn't want the kingdom to know you were missing."

Madeleine looks at Vanilla, who has short hair with sprinkles in it. He has a warm sweater with fluff on the collar.

Madeleine smiles. "I am glad you have found your own self to be!"

Vanilla smiles again "Thanks! Oh, and this is Sprinkles!" He pets Sprinkles.

Pastry glares at Red Velvet, reaching to load her crossbow.

Madeleine sees. "Pastry, while we allow anyone to openly carry weapons, they are not allowed to harm others without reason."

"But they are both at least half cake."

"So? Red Velvet was nice to me before, and Vanilla seems to be nice as well."

Vanilla looks at Red Velvet, who mumbles "He was doing the puppy eyes..."

Pastry stares at Madeleine. "But all cakes are dangerous. And that one," she points at Red Velvet "That one attacked me in the past!"

"You broke into the cake factory. I even offered to let you stay and work instead of immediately attacking. You attacked first."

Chiffon growls at Pastry, staying in front of Red Velvet.

Madeleine moves between the two. "There are clearly unresolved issues here and while I am good at many things, helping with this is not one of them. Pastry, you and I shall continue the tour."

Pastry tries to protest, but Madeleine gently grabs her wrist (the one with the crossbow) and pulls her away. "Let us leave these two alone."

The rest of the tour goes smoothly. They end when they return to the city center.

Madeleine smiles "And that concludes the tour! I hope you enjoy your stay here!"