58- He Knows...

"Espresso's mind is an OSHA violation."
- My friend while we were on a discord call proofreading this chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red Velvet nods, "I know how Pomegranate is. Since you weren't discreet on the balloon about your suspicions, she definitely would've done something to you."

Red Velvet hands a backpack to Vanilla, "Are you sure you'll be ok traveling to the Forgotten Academy on your own?"

Vanilla clips his sword sheath to his belt, "Yep. You can come with me if you want to though."

Red Velvet picks up a backpack that was hidden behind a bush, "I was planning on it."

Red Velvet gives the bolt to Chiffon, who runs back to the kingdom.

Vanilla smiles, "I'm glad Pastry and Latte are ok watching the dogs."

The two of them walk deeper into the woods.

*+*A week later*+*

EP smiles, looking at the rings.

He hums, "Soon.." then closes the box and hides it.

He gets up and walks into the kitchen. Madeleine is cooking and Mocha is sitting at the table, working on something with her magic.

EP walks over to Madeleine, "Good morning."

Madeleine jumps slightly, then realizes it's EP. "Oh! Espresso, my goodness. Don't sneak up on me like that!" He chuckles.

EP combs his fingers through Madeleine's hair.

Madeleine flinches.

EP doesn't notice.

Madeleine finishes cooking, then sets a plate in front of Mocha, "Here's your food."

EP takes a plate, sitting down to eat. Madeleine sits next to him.

Once EP is finished, he yawns, "I'm going to bed."

Mocha plays with her food, "Jeez, you've been really tired recently."

EP goes upstairs.

Mocha stops playing with her food, whispering, "Dadeleine, how long do we have to pretend?"

"Hopefully not too much longer? Vanilla Cupcake isn't back yet with any information."

Madeleine sighs, resting his elbows on the table and hiding his face with his hands, "It's so confusing..."

Upstairs, EP is asleep.

Espresso ain't too happy about that one chief.

EP is standing in front of Espresso, who's held in place by a chain around his left wrist.

Espresso tries to kick EP, who steps back and laughs, 'Aw, you think you can beat me?'

Espresso glares at him, "This is my body. I can get control again."