31- A New Home

*+*Later*+*

They're showing the sugar gnomes where they want the house built.

Espresso is still blushing, but it's not easy to notice.

The sugar gnomes let them know how long it'll take to make the mansion, then what materials they need.

Madeleine looks at the materials list. "I can get most of that on my own, but there's a few things in the opposite direction."

"I'll get those."

"Alright!" Madeleine smiles.

Espresso looks at what and how much he has to get, then turns and walks away to get said supplies.

Madeleine goes to get the rest.

It doesn't take too long for them to get everything for the sugar gnomes, who start construction immediately.

Alchemist cookie walks by, but looks up as the construction noise gets louder. She sees Madeleine and Espresso.

She walks over. "Do you two know what the sugar gnomes are building?"

Madeleine smiles "A house for Espresso and I to live in together."

"You're moving in together?"

Espresso crosses his arms, looking away. "I have no clue how he roped me into this."

Madeleine hugs him. "You did most of the planning."

"Shush. You have a chaotic mess of a room to pack up."

"Oh! That is true! I will bring you dinner tonight!" Madeleine lets go, running home before Espresso can argue.

Espresso sighs, then walks home. He looks at the box he put Madeleine in when he was sick. He wrote Badeleine Box on one side.

He chuckles a little, then finds some other boxes to pack his stuff in.

He still has the boxes for most of the small equipment Madeleine bought.

He's carefully packing his books, when he finds Madeleine's shirt. "Why on Earthbread? Oh... He hid it when he was sick."

He tosses it onto his armchair.

While packing his own clothes, he finds Madeleine's pants shoved as far back as possible in one of the drawers.

He just stands there for a minute, then puts the pants with his clothes. He grabs his capes as well.

*+*When the house is built (didn't take too terribly long)*+*

Espresso is holding the last box from his house. He and Madeleine already got his furniture moved to the new house.

The box he's holding is the Badeleine Box, but the words are facing him so no one can see them.

Espresso looks down at the top of the box. "Why did I agree to this? I won't have a quiet house anymore."