7- Hairbrushes

We definitely aren't starting to get angsty, I would neeeeeevvveeerrrrr do thaaaaaaat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madeleine yawns. "Would sitting on the couch be more comfortable?"

Espresso nods a little, letting go. Madeleine sits down, rubbing his eyes and yawning again.

Espresso sits next to him. "Did you sleep?"

"A little, yes." He rests his head on Espresso's shoulder.

"You usually sleep most of the night. How come you stayed up?"

"I had to deliver the package, but I could not fall asleep again." He yawns, gently hugging Espresso.

Espresso gently combs his fingers through Madeleine's hair. Madeleine doesn't mind, since it's helping Espresso calm down.

Espresso whispers "Maybe you should take off the rest of your armor to be more comfortable."

Madeleine sits up. "You are very good at thinking." He takes off his headpiece, then he takes off his boots. He unclips the wings from his cape.

He sets the armor down with his chestplate.

Espresso grabs his pillow and hands it to Madeleine, who puts it on Espresso's lap.

He lays down, then looks up at Espresso, who's not sure how to react. Madeleine smiles, half asleep.

"The Divine has blessed you."

Espresso rolls his eyes. "Why are you bringing that up?"

"You were blessed with.." He yawns. "You look gorgeousss..." He falls asleep.

Espresso's face heats up, but then he shakes his head. "He's just tired. It's a tired compliment."

He gently plays with Madeleine's hair. "His hair is so soft."

Madeleine's hand twitches slightly, then he mumbles "Only Espresso... touch my hair..."

Espresso stops touching his hair. Madeleine grabs Espresso's hand, gently holding it.

He mumbles a bunch of random stuff that Espresso can't understand.

Espresso picks up a book from the small table, reading it while Madeleine sleeps.

Occasionally, Madeline moves a bit or mumbles something, but he never lets go of Espresso's hand.

*+*4 hours later*+*

Madeleine wakes up, his cape wrapped around himself.

He looks up and sees Espresso, who's focused on his book.

Madeline realizes that he's holding Espresso's hand.

He stretches, then sits up.

Espresso looks up from his book, then tries to hide his laughter. "You might want a hairbrush."

Madeleine looks at him. "You cannot pretend your hair is always perfect."