24- Donut Date

*+*Two days later*+*

Espresso sets down his coffee cup, staring at the door. "Ok, something is wrong. He hasn't bothered me once since he ran out two days ago."

He looks at his still destroyed lab. "And my schedule is, unfortunately, very open now."

He gets up, brushes his hair, pulls on the winter cloak, then walks outside.

After a few minutes of aimless wandering, he sees Madeleine talking to Raspberry and Princess.

He walks over to them. Princess sees him first, and waves. "Hi Espresso!"

Madeleine looks up at him. "Oh- I-" He looks at his wrist despite the fact that he doesn't have a watch. "Look at the time! I have uh- something important to do!"

Madeleine starts to walk away, but Espresso grabs his wrist. "You don't have a watch."

"I- Oh, I don't?"

"You don't even own one, let alone wear it."

Madeleine tries pulling his arm out of Espresso's grip. "I still have to go!"

Espresso grabs his other wrist, turning Madeleine to face him. "You've avoided me for two days. Usually it would be me avoiding you."

"I haven't- I'm not avoiding you I'm just- I've been very busy lately!"

Princess raises an eyebrow. "Really? You've just been walking around or hiding in your house. That doesn't seem busy to me."

Madeleine's face is very red now. "I-"

Espresso quietly asks "Are you alright?"

Madeleine makes a very quiet squeak sound as he tries to fall down.

Espresso pulls him up so he's standing. "Madeleine, I'm concerned."

"I can assure you I am perfectly healthy." He says as he tries falling again.

Espresso sighs and picks Madeleine up. "I'm not letting you lay down in the snow."

Madeleine loses his ability to speak words.

Princess whispers something to Raspberry and they both start giggling quietly.

Espresso looks at Madeleine, who's holding his tie for some reason.

Espresso is confused about that, but ignores it. "Why is your face so red?"

Madeleine pulls his hood down so his face is hidden. "I am not blushing!"

"You are."

"No."

Espresso chuckles a little "Yes, you are!"

Madeleine doesn't respond. He moves the hood so he can see Espresso.

He blushes more and hides his face again.

Raspberry asks "Why are you hiding in your hood, Madeleine?"

Madeleine mumbles "Espresso's face is too pretty."