12- Sneaky Shark

*+*The next afternoon*+*

In the forest near the kingdom, Sorbet Shark is exploring.

They start following a bird, when they hear voices.

They duck into a bush, then peek out. "Madeleine cookie? Talking to monsters?"

Madeleine grumbles "Do you think I like pretending to be this cookie? I have to help them fight against you guys, and they would attack me if they found out!"

"Why don't you leave?"

"Boss's orders. The kingdom cookies can't know that the real Madeleine is missing as well."

"What about the cookies attempting to break through our lines?"

"It's time to let them through. Lessen the attacks on the kingdom, and focus on those five."

The cake monster nods.

Sorbet Shark narrows their eyes. "I knew something was wrong. Madeleine was acting wrong after Espresso vanished. This is why."

Fake Madeleine says "Lower the attacks here, and I'll tell them I found a weak point. Let them get through, then intercept them before they can reach the next town."

The cake monster nods again. Both of them are out of eyesight now.

Sorbet quietly crawls out of the bushes, then runs back to the kingdom.

They look around, then spot Wizard.

They run over to him. "oO0Oo0o!"

He turns to them. "Oh, hello! Do you need something?"

Sorbet tries to tell him about Fake Madeleine, but all they can make is bubbling sounds.

Wizard is very confused. "I can't understand what you're trying to say."

Sorbet looks around, then sees a stick. They pick it up and draw Madeleine in the dirt.

Wizard looks at it. "Madeleine? What about him?"

Sorbet draws a second Madeleine.

"Two Madeleines? Do you like drawing him?"

Sorbet shakes their head. They add to the second one, changing the eyes to the monster eyes and drawing sharp teeth.

"Madeleine isn't evil."

Fake Madeleine runs over. Sorbet stands up and covers the drawings with their boot.

Fake Madeleine smiles "Wizard cookie! I have discovered a gap in their defenses! You should be able to break through!"

Sorbet makes more bubbling sounds, trying to warn Wizard, but he runs off to get the others.

Now it's just Sorbet and Fake Madeleine.

Fake Madeleine smiles. "Hello, friend! How are you?"