3- Knight in Shining Armor

Madeleine and Fig are following Espresso's footprints. Fig is carrying Madeleine.

They both hear the howl, and Fig speeds up.

They had been talking when one of Fig's bird friends flew over and told Fig about Espresso going further into the woods than he should've.

Madeleine notices something reflective in the dirt. "His glasses!"

Fig slows down. Madeleine gets off their back, walking over and picking up Espresso's glasses.

He turns and sees Espresso, passed out on the ground. Several cake hounds are chewing on his cape, two are trying to eat his hair, and one is sitting on his back.

Madeleine already has his sword in his hand, mostly to just scare them away. "HEY!"

Most of them get spooked and run off. A few stay behind. They run as soon as Madeleine gets closer.

Madeleine puts his sword away. He hands Espresso's glasses to Fig, then scoops up the sleeping cookie.

He turns to Fig. "I suppose we walk back?"

They nod. "I can't carry any otha cookies. D' ya want me to carry 'Spresso?"

"I saved him, so I carry him."

Espresso quietly snores.

*+*The Next Day*+*

Espresso groans, too tired to move right now.

"Didn't I crash in the woods? Where am I now?"

He moves his hand slightly. He's laying on a plush bed with soft pillows.

There's a blanket pulled up to his shoulders.

"I crashed on the dirt. Why is there something soft here??"

He rubs his eyes before pushing himself up. His hair is a mess. He looks down. "That's a blanket, and it doesn't belong to me. Where are my glasses??"

He tries getting up to find his glasses, but he falls off the bed instead.

He hears loud footsteps, then the door swings open. Espresso quickly sits up.

Madeleine runs over. "Espresso! Are you alright? You fell off the bed."

Espresso leans away. "Where did you put my glasses?"

"I had to get the one lens replaced because Fig dropped them on our way back from saving you."

He hands the repaired glasses to Espresso, who puts them on. "You got the correct lense?"

Madeleine sits in front of Espresso, leaving a comfortable amount of space between them.

"Indeed!"

Espresso looks at Madeleine, who's not wearing any of his armor. "What happened to your armor? You wear it everywhere."

"While my armor is gorgeous, I don't wear it around my home."