13- Separated

Haha angst time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*+*They're at the bad guys base now uh oh*+*

Madeleine is still rambling. He's very tired, but determined to tell all his stories.

He yawns. "Then.. Then..."

He starts to close his eyes. "Then I.."

He falls asleep.

That determination could only keep him awake for so long.

Red Velvet sighs with relief. "Finally! I'm putting him in one of the cells. Take Espresso cookie to Pomegranate."

Espresso tries to hide the sense of fear building, but the fact that he's cooling down gives it away.

Licorice asks "Why are you so cold all of a sudden?"

Espresso doesn't answer, watching as Madeleine is carried out of his vision.

Licorice catches on. "Ah, you're scared. That is a good thing for us! Now, come with me."

Espresso follows him, now shivering. He's not used to feeling cold.

Even during the winter, he's warm enough to melt the snow.

When they reach an ominous looking room, Pomegranate looks up from her mirror. "You finally succeeded."

Espresso shivers more.

Pomegranate gestures to a chair. "Have a seat, Espresso cookie. There are some things I would like to discuss with you."

She glares at Licorice. "Alone."

He nods, then turns and leaves. Espresso hesitantly sits in the chair.

Pomegranate looks at him. "How destructive is your ability?"

"Normally I- I would be able to destroy a house. It could be more if I have enough energy.."

"Have you ever seen the limit of how destructive it can be?"

Espresso shakes his head.

"Hmm.. You are still destructive, even when weakened. That is the important part."

She stands up. "You will join us. You know what will happen if you refuse."

Espresso nods.

"You will eventually have to fight other cookies, and when that happens, you will not hold back. If you do, we'll hurt that annoying cookie you somehow care about. Understood?"

He nods again.

"Good. This room is yours. You will be locked in here until we need you. Fresh food will be provided."

She leaves, the door closing behind her.

There's only one thing Espresso can do now.

Cry.

*+*The kingdom, the next day*+*