43- Birthday Date

Espresso gets up and puts the dishes in the sink. He walks over to Madeleine and pulls him up so he's standing.

Madeleine asks "Do you have a gift as well?"

"Yes. I made sure none of my experiments would run into today. We can do anything you want."

Madeleine gasps "Like a date but it's the whole day?!"

Espresso nods.

Madeleine hugs him tightly. "THIS IS THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!"

Espresso suddenly has a thought. "Wait, how old are you now?"

"Oh, 27, why?"

"You're older than me?!"

Madeleine lets go. "How old are you?"

"26."

"I thought you were 27 or 28."

Before things get awkward, Espresso asks "So what would you like to do?"

"Let's go to the fairgrounds! It's warm enough for them to be open!"

Madeleine runs over to the door and puts on his boots. He looks at his cape, thinking.

Espresso walks over and pulls his boots on again.

Madeleine puts on his cape, then looks up at Espresso. "Is it ok if you do not wear your cape?"

"That's fine. May I ask why?"

"I want to be carried on your back."

Espresso chuckles "Let's go outside first."

Madeleine pulls Espresso outside, then closes the door. Espresso squats down so it's easier for Madeleine to climb on.

Madeleine giggles when Espresso picks him up. He points ahead. "TO THE FAIRGROUNDS!"

Espresso speedwalks, since running would tire him out quicker.

People stare at the two of them with mild confusion, but Espresso and Madeleine don't notice.

Latte, Red Velvet, and Vanilla are hanging out nearby.

Latte sees Espresso and Madeleine, then starts laughing. "Espresso, you have a Madeleine in your hair!"

"I am aware of this."

Madeleine smiles "It's my birthday so he's carrying me."

"I cannot do this all day. My legs would be sore tomorrow if I did."

Madeleine whispers "There's more than one way to accomplish that."

Espresso blushes "What the hell Madeleine?!!"

"What?"

"One minute you're acting childish and the next you're saying stuff like THAT!"